Drama 13: Useless Wishing

Disclaimer

Unconsented sex ahead. May be traumatizing for some readers...
________________

Natsu P.O.V

The next day

I'm tired of all this bullshit...

I walked into the school building, ready for another exhausting day of work. Being at work helped me keep my mind off of how badly my life was going to shit.

I'm a thirty year old man in a relationship with a girl I've been trying to escape for the past eight years. I live alone in a home I bought and paid for, and my will to smile disappeared ages ago along with my happiness. But the worst part of all was that I fell in love with a girl fourteen years younger than I am.

My life was going to shit, and I didn't know how to escape it.

While walking towards my classroom, I saw Mirajane. "Dragneel!" She shouted as she made her way to my direction.

Just my luck...as if dealing with Lisanna wasn't enough...

"Hi Mira," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Dragneel, my sister says you've been sick."

"Huh?"

"She said you've been sick and that's why you haven't gone anywhere with her."

Oh crap! I forgot!

"Y...yeah," I mumbled as I did a fake cough.

She then walked up closer to me to touch my forehead. "You feel fine to me though..."

I quickly pushed her hand away, wanting to keep the distance between us. "I had a fever like a week ago; It's just a cold now..."

These stupid sisters are going to be the end of me...

"What's with your clothes today?" She asked as she looked at my sweat pants and t-shirt, "This is exactly why you get into so much trouble with the principle. Your lack of professionalism is revolting."

"I don't care."

Why is she still following me?! Just leave me alone!

"So...are you going to marry her yet?" She asked bringing up the elephant in the room.

"For the hundredth time, no..." I replied aggressively as I was beginning to lose my patience.

"Hmph, you're being overly aggressive for no reason..." she replied with a pout.

It went silent for a while until I decided to speak without thinking: "Mira, why do we have the same conversation each time we meet?"

"Because, unlike you, I care for my sister and so I'm doing her a favor by talking to you."

Liar...you've never cared about Lisanna.

"Come on Dragneel, you and my sister were so in love. What happened?"

What happened?! You know what happened, you slimy bitch...

I finally reached my classroom, excited to leave her behind and start my day without her. "Bye Mira--hey!"

She followed me into my classroom, ignoring my futile goodbye as I placed my bag on my desk.

"Hey...you never answered the question. What happened to the love you guys had for each other?" she reminded as I sat on my chair.

"Do you have tape?" I asked, trying to avoid the topic.