Drama 27: Saved

Erza P.O.V

I was walking down the plaza, admiring the Christmas lights that lit up town square. I looked around at every couple and sighed heavily.

I'm the only single girl here, huh?

Usually around this time, Jellal and I would walk through town square, going from store to store to buy bulks of food so we could enjoy an all nighter watching cheesy Christmas specials, but this year was different. Now he has Meredy and there's no room for me, especially since he hates me.

I sighed again at the thought of my best friend. Snap out of it Erza! You're here to see the tree and then leave, so stop thinking about that asshole.

After reminding myself of my goal, I looked ahead of me to see the great christmas tree a few steps away. I smiled as I stared at the magnificent bright tree that brought back beautiful memories.

I wish...Jellal was here...

I walked up closer to the tree to get a better view of its beauty when I heard the sounds of crying.

Yikes...I guess someone's having a worse time than me...

I turned my attention to the sound and saw a man crying in the cold with an ugly sweater. His hands covered his face but his sobs echoed through the crowd of people, and his tears stained the concrete that laid beneath him.

Poor guy...must have gotten his heart broken. I can relate.

I sighed as I made my way past the crying person, not wanting to get involved, but as I walked by, I saw the last person I would ever expect to be crying on Christmas eve.

"Jellal? What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise.

He slowly lifted his head to face me, tears running down his cheeks. "Er-Erza~!" As he stood up, his legs began to shake, making him stumble as he tried to walk up to me.

When he finally reached me, he had fallen to the ground, landing on his knees. He then placed his arms around my waist, and rested his head on my belly, like a child.

"Er-Erza...she...she dumped me!"

"Huh?"

"Me-Meredy, she...dumped me!" He began to cry even more, making a stain of tears on my thick black jacket.

I placed my hand on his head, and began to pet him. "There there."

Meredy dumped him?! This is the best--second best day of my life! The first is when I actually start a family with him--but that's not important right now! I finally have Jellal back!

I kept day dreaming about having him back, and I completely forgot to listen to what he was saying.

"Erza..."

I then snapped back to reality and answered, "Ye-yeah?"

"I'm...I'm really sorry for being an ass..." As he looked up at me, his eyes glowed with sincerity. And like a puppy, I couldn't hold a grudge against him.

I blished lightly and ruffled his hair. "Glad you finally noticed."

His frown slowly turned into a guilty smile and he took his eyes away from mine. Slowly, he stood up from the floor and began to fix his face, never letting his eyes reach mine. "Hey Erza..." he whispered while he rubbed his nose, "...do you think...we can spend Christmas together...like the old times?"

He was my best friend, and despite everything that happened, my love for him never changed. It's a curse and a blessing.

I sighed with a smile as I grabbed onto his hand. "Why not?"