CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Maya was not the biggest fan when it came to having to result to blackmail, however, considering her mother and aunt both did it—she was starting to believe it ran in their family

However, the one thing she knew she'd never take after them was loyalty to her partner. Seth was always the one she saw her future with, it was always going to be him.

Before she went to her mother's office, she called Seth and even Leah and told them everything that happened—except for the the whole who Embry's real father was, though not like she knew since her mother didn't write it down, but honestly, she didn't care about her auntie's secret. At least she was not married and in an affair—like her mother.

Her and her mother went to the lower floor to discuss their matters at the cafe, since the risk of her employee' walking in was the last she wanted.

The cafe was still in a public scene, but at least the sounds of their convey was going to be drowned by the ambience of the cafe that was crowded and full of people who had not planned to sit and leisure their time. It was a high-traffic place that no one would mind anyone's business.

When she sat with her mother in the far corner, Maya crossed her arms as she laid her eyes of disappointment on her parent. She always knew that the perfect family they tried to be had dirty secrets and to think it was this? —Maya was thrilled.

"So, from what I've read, Mario has no idea." Maya tilted her head," You are lucky I took my looks after you, but if I didn't, how were you ever going to explain to him that you are fucking his best friend?"

Kristina scowled at Maya," Watch your language—"

"No I don't think I will," Maya smirked," Anyways I rather get this over with—," Maya reached for her cup of coffee that was idling on the table for a while and she cringed at it no longer being warm," I never thought I'd see the day I'd have to result to blackmailing, but I guess it had to come down to it."

Kristina tapped her finger impatiently on the table," What do you want? hurry it up, unlike you, I have an entire company to run."

Maya laughed and lowered her cup, but with some force causing the sound if the cup to clink loudly on the plate," Don't even begin with that, one simple move from me and you won't have a company to own."

"As if one little thing like this can end the company, you foolish girl."

Maya hummed and tilted her head," You can't be that stupid, mother."

"Excuse me?" Kristina glowered at her daughter dangerously.

"If word got out about your affair, Mario would end you both. But did you also remember who Jeremiah's wife is? She can destroy all of you without even need to lift a finger! Her company is one of the largest in the Asia, her power is enough to make your companies nothing," Maya then sneered," Honestly, I would have just faxed her the moment I learned the truth, but I like the idea of this method better. It'd make my life remain peaceful and I won't have to worry about being on the news or whatever. I want to remain a peaceful life."

Kristina didn't say anything as Maya continued," I want o remain with aunt Tiffany. I'll destroy all the evidence I have and make sure that she won't be able to blackmail you. I'll continue to play the role as you and Mario's daughter and J won't ever approach my biological father. I won't even reach for his wife. Just leave me alone and never try to take me away from the only place I can ever call home and we both can have a sealed deal."