CHAPTER EIGHT

"So, a little birdie told me something, Maya~" Paul sang as he sat next to the preteen that was eating lunch

Maya turned to him with a disgusted look and went back to eating.

"Are you 100% sure you are not Sam's little sister? Because I swear, you two glare more than anything!" Sam who was in the kitchen turned to Paul with a blank stare.

"What?! It's the truth, right Jared?"

Jared laughed and just ate his food," Do not drag me into this, I don't feel like have an extra patrol added"

"Good suggestion, Jared" Sam nodded as he watched Paul grumble in annoyance at the turn of events.

"Oh, hey, I've heard you've become friends with Seth" Jared spoke up making Maya look up at him and nod.

Paul scoffed feeling offended that the younger female responded to his words, "I was—"

Maya spoke up cutting him off," "Yeah, Leah practically shoved us in a room, because apparently he was scared to be friends with me"

"Well, that's good" Emily joined in as she walked over with a new plate full of food," Seth tends to be shy, though maybe I wouldn't have done it like that, but if it ended with you becoming friends It's all great"

"He makes me mad sometimes, though, whenever Brady or Collin is around, he likes to act like he doesn't know me. Why does he do that?!"

"Boys all do that" Jared stated," Especially at a young age, we tend to still stick with 'girls have cooties'"

"That is childish" Maya spat as she took her anger out on her food," How do I stop it?"

"You can't" This time it was Sam who spoke up," You just have to wait it out, because even if you said something, it'd end up as an unwanted argument"

"Please" Paul waved his hand," I bet it's better if you say something, because if you don't, he'll never learn"

"Paul, stop saying things that do not fit your face" Jared made a face at him," It does not suit you"

"Why you—" Paul was about to pounce, but stopped when Emily glared at him, daring him to even try and make a mess of the dining.

"Maya dear, I think it's better if you do what you want. If you want to confront him about it or just wait it out like Sam said" Emily sat next to the female while placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Okay, thanks Em, Jared and Sam" Maya smiled as she jumped out of her chair.

Paul just gawked at the young female that did not include him into the mix of gratitude," How—Why does she hate me so much?!"

"Because you tend to pick fights with Embry" Jared said while smirking," And we all know how much she idolizes her cousin, so from her eyes, you are her enemy"

Paul turned to the couple, hoping they'd be the voice of reason. However, the two were found nodding to Jared's words and not bothering to say anything more.

"For the love of—" Paul grumbled as he ate is food aggressively, however, the three could see the pout he tired to hard to hide.