CHAPTER FOUR

Maya should have known from the start, that when her parents sent her off to La Push—the moment she found her home and place, they'd find a way to destroy it

Maya should have known from the start, that when her parents sent her off to La Push—the moment she found her home and place, they'd find a way to destroy it. It was as if they had a physical radar on when to strike.

For her, as she found her comfort in the small town to even succeeding her goals without the pressure that her parents forced upon her, Maya was in a placement of being further than what she ever expected from herself.

A good representation with many of the locals, a settled idea of what she wanted to do with her life and lastly, succeeding in her education—much more than her parents ever thought possible.

Embry's mother did not expect any harm in expressing the accomplishment to Maya's parents. She just did what anyone would do when they wanted to boast about something they were told otherwise.

While Tiffany was not the ideal parent, she still had loved her niece, and most likely much more than her own parents combined. She never doubted Maya and she just let her be free.

She would argument years on end about how all the faults her parents had accused her as false because what her niece just needed was independence.

Being told how to dress or how to eat or even just how to live, was what brought the Deviant part out of Maya. The stress had built up and the frustration led to her wanting to do the opposite of what they wanted.

The life they wanted for their daughter was nowhere going to the one that made her happy and moving to La Push was the life she truly fit in with.

She found her friends; she found her family and she found her everlasting happiness with the love that nurtured her carefully.

However, as much as the great things came—there had been the bad, but the balance of both had been what kept Maya from defying the lessons learned.

"Maya" Tiffany who was sitting in the kitchen, with a solemn face called out to her nice in a calm, but obviously anxious tone.

Seth who happened to be accompanying Maya, which had been something Tiffany had soon gotten used to, having given up that her son and niece were free to love.

They were free to do the one thing she was afraid of, and she believed that they'd succeed in it without her meddling.

Maya furrowed her brows as she walked into the kitchen with her face contorted into confusion.

There were so many red flags about this situation, one was that Tiffany was at home—when she was supposed to be at work and as an extreme workaholic—she has not once slipped in her routine.

Two was that her aunt had a cup of coffee before her. From what she's gathered over a couple of years, her aunt never drank coffee, because she expressed it as if it was a placebo that only made you think you gained something from it. She was a firm believer that it was something she'd never consume unless she's gone to a point of excessive stress.

Allowing this to have been the two easy leading observations, but the last thing was a letter that was on the table—one that Maya instantly recognized from the logo embedded on the corner.

"Listen, sweetheart, we need to talk"