CHAPTER TWO

"Maya, have you seen Embry?" Tiffany asked walking into the living room looking at her niece

Maya turned to her aunt and shook her head," No, he just left in a rush—How much you want to bet it's a girl" She teased as her aunt sighed.

"I hope not, my Embry does not need love—He can survive without that unnecessary distraction" Maya almost groaned loudly but held it back putting on a fake smile

"My bad, maybe he's with Quil and Jacob" To those words Tiffany smiled and nodded taking that over her son being with a girl. Once Maya had seen her walk out of the room her smile dropped as she let out a small growl.

She tried her hardest to tolerate Tiffany and her constant need to remind her and Embry that they don't need to be in relationships. She would consistently tell them like it was a supply of air for them to survive the day.

It had been the routine that followed within the years that gone by, and soon enough, it had become tolerant for both Embry and her.

Besides, that was nothing compared to when Maya had watched her own cousin suddenly turn into a huge wolf before her eyes.

Instead of screaming or calling for help, Maya had just fainted at the sight.

The next time she opened her eyes, she was in an unfamiliar room, surrounded by three shirtless guys that nearly caused her to faint again.

"W-What's going on?" She lifted the covers to her mouth looking at the males who shared looks.

"Do-Do you remember what happened before you fainted?" The smaller of the three spoke up making her look at him. It took a moment but then she was soon throwing the covers off of her as she gasped

"Is Embry okay?! Where is my cousin—He just—He" She started to hyperventilate which caused the sterner looking male to reach over and pat her shoulder, albeit it being an awkward gesture for him since he was the last to be seen comforting anyone.

"Hey, I need you to breathe slowly," He said as she looked at him following his instructions.

The one thing Maya was probably good at was following orders since most of her life had been set towards it. Regardless of her rebellion towards Mario and Kristina, she still had the reaction that had a trauma within her mind.

If someone said to do something, Maya would listen. It was almost controlled obedience one which she absolutely hated.

"My—cousin turned into a huge wolf" Maya finally said looking at the three males," And something tells me that is apparently normal?" She said in confusion

"Well" The bigger of the three spoke up," It's kind of complicated"