ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ fɪᴠᴇ

Start from the beginning

To some, the fiery hybrid might've appeared cold and heartless, but Klaus knew how she blamed herself. How she thought herself less worthy of being alpha for that very sin. A sin which wasn't even her's to carry.

"I'm half vampire, Jack!" Lunar snaps, bringing Klaus from his thoughts. "If Aiden has gone to find Marcel and the vampires, that concerns me!"

"Shut up Lunar, it's none of your business." Jackson shoots back, instantly regretting his tone of voice.

"None of my business?" She scowls, before speeding her way over to Jackson. "None of my business?" She repeats, shouting this time.

Klaus watches on, knowing instantly that if someone doesn't stop her, she's going to kill him.

"Lunar." He tries to step forwards, but she lifts a hand and stops him.

"No, Klaus. You reminded me of some important facts, and I think it's time everyone knew." Lunar's eyes don't waver from Jackson's.

He stares at her, trying to decipher what she's about to do. "What are you doing?" Jackson asks, helpless.

Luna takes a step backwards. "Don't tell me you've forgotten?" She mocks, laughing. She spreads her arms out wide and studies the wolves surrounding her. "Come on, Jack, tell them."

He remains silent, starring at her. "Lunar, you need to calm down." He takes a step forwards slowly. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Tell them!" She yells, her voice reverberates off the trees and echoes back. The wolves fall silent, dazed at their alpha's outburst.

"You are utterly insane." Jackson looks at her with wide-eyes. "How the hell can we expect you to lead us? With him!" He points at Klaus now. "He doesn't even know a damn thing about being a wolf!"

"No. I don't." Klaus agrees, moving towards them now. "I never had the luxury to live among my kind nor the chance to truly know my father.." He quickly grabs Jack into a chokehold. "But you knew him. Perhaps he saw in you the son he always wanted."

Nik lets him go, and Jack falls to the ground, gasping for breath. "I'm glad I was spared such a sorry state." Klaus remarks, looking down on him. "Your cowardice is really quite remarkable." He kneels to look Jackson in the face.

"You think you can lead this pack better than Lunar? The very fact she has lived with what you have chosen to forget, a deed she embarked upon purely to save your tedious little life, is evidence enough that you are nowhere near as capable." Klaus speaks the words in a low, harsh, whisper. An almost growl rises in his throat when he thinks about teenage Lunar killing her parents for him.

Containing himself, he resists the urge to rip out Jackson's heart and rises to his feet. Lunar heard every word of what he said, and she's starring at him with such admiration Klaus has to advert his eyes from her intense gaze.

Lifting a hand and squeezing his arm, she smiles at him. A silent thank you.

"What is going on?" Grandma June has climbed down off the porch of Lunar's old family home, and is stood a few feet away. Hayley is with her, watching on in horror.

"Jackson was just taking a trip down memory lane." Klaus answers, receiving a look that, quite frankly, could kill. "He seems to have forgotten that Lunar didn't kill her parents out of a coldhearted desire to runaway from the pack, she killed her parents because Richard Dumas held a gun to his head and threatened him." He points angrily at Jackson. "She killed her parents to save him." He shrugs, looking at Lunar. "I have no idea why, but she did."