Ch. 10 - New Ideas

Start from the beginning

"No."

You watched him struggle for another minute before leaning over and taking the ends yourself. He tried to rear back his head but the tie was already wrapped around his neck and you had a firm hold.

"I just said--"

"I won't choke you, you big baby." He reluctantly relaxed, watching your hands create the knot and slide it farther up his neck. "Is that good?"

He nodded mutely, suddenly catching Jin's teasing grin through the rearview mirror. "Jin, you'd better be paying attention."

 "Don't worry, I am."

"To the road, you idiot."

When you got to the office, Yoongi couldn't seem to get away from you fast enough. Not that you cared, it had been a busy week so far and you still had a lot of catching up to do.

"So...how's it going?" Hoseok asked after your food was served.

"Work's fine. Busy as ever."

He sighed. "I was talking about your marriage."

"I don't want to talk about that."

"Why not?"

"What do you want me to say? We skipped straight to the constantly bickering phase. It's not easy living like that."

"So it's angry tension?"

"Of course it's angry tension. What else would it be?"

Hoseok raised his eyebrows suggestively. "I'm just saying, you could--"

"I do not want to have sex with him, Hoseok. And neither does he, so don't hold your breath."

"All right..."

You narrowed your eyes. "What?"

"Nothing! I was just editing the footage of the first dance," he said, as he pulled out a disc from his bag, "and I noticed you were smiling in it. You looked like you were having fun."

You smirked. "You're right. I was smiling. Because I was thinking about how terrible it must have been teaching Yoongi how to dance."

"You're joking."

"No, I'm not! Just the thought of Yoongi having to lead you around the dance studio with that big scowl on his face while you correct his posture and his timing." You snickered again at the thought. "It's enough to make anyone smile."

"I guess his must have been faked too."

"His what?"

He shrugged. "In some of the pictures he's got this big smile on his face, like he was happy to be there too."

"He's good at acting. You should know that."

"I guess. I just thought you two got caught up in the magic of everything."

"Well...being forced into it kind of drains the magic." You shrugged. "Sorry to disappoint."

"You know I just want you both to be happy." He took a bite of his food. "Maybe you two are just too similar."

You chuckled. "Too similar?"

"I mean it. Yoongi's not usually an angry person, and it takes a while to get him worked up. Maybe that's why you're still fighting this far into your relationship."

"I'll take your word on that. Now, how about you tell me about your new classes coming up? Anything interesting?"

He grinned. "I'll give you the full rundown. If you want to take anything, I'm available for private lessons too."

"I'll think about it."

But as he talked, your mind started to wander. Were you and Yoongi really that similar? What did that even mean?

Yoongi glanced up as you knocked on his door. "Have fun?"

"Yeah, it was nice. Hoseok wanted me to give you these." You handed him two discs. "Your copies of the photos and the first dance from the wedding."

"Oh. Thanks." He turned to put them into his bag.

"So, listen--"

You paused as Yoongi's phone started ringing. He glanced at it before shifting his gaze back to you. "What?" he asked.

"Are you going to answer that?"

"Nope."

"Yoongi--"

"It's not important."

"How would you know if you don't answer it?" 

"I recognize the number, okay? It's this client and he's mad and he's been calling to yell at me all week and I don't know what he wants me to do. Please don't make me answer it. Let's just pretend we're closed!"

You sighed. The poor guy actually looked scared to pick it up, his face was a shade paler than it had been a minute ago.

"Give it to me." You walked towards his desk, reaching for the phone.

"No way!" He immediately grabbed it, trying to hold it out of your reach.

"Yoongi, give me the phone!"

"No!"

You clambered onto his chair, stretching your arm to pull the phone off the receiver.

"(L/N) Enterprises, how can we help you today?" you said cheerfully.

Yoongi tried his best not to breathe. You were sitting up on your knees, one hand on his tie and the other holding the phone. You were all but straddling him in this position and he had nowhere to go.

He hesitantly tapped your knee. "Hey--"

You immediately shushed him. "No sir, I'm afraid Mr. Min is currently out on lunch. Is there something I can help you with?"

"You got the phone, you can get off me now." You glared at him, putting a finger to your lips to silence him. 

"(Y/N), seriously--" he tried again, leaning back as far as he could to give you some room.

"Yes, that's me." You quickly removed yourself from Yoongi's lap. "Jimin? It's been a while, how are you?"

Yoongi breathed a sigh of relief, vaguely listening to you laugh and talk to the client. 

"Maybe. Let me see what I can find out." You quickly yanked Yoongi out of his chair and moved it to his desk so you could check on something. 

"Give me that number again?" you said as you pulled up a page. "Uh-huh." You quickly typed it into the system and looked at the information. "Processed, shipped, and delivered right on time. We have who signed for it, do you want that information too?"

Within a few minutes, you were off the phone. 

"It's an internal problem," you explained. "Someone at his company signed for it but didn't send it to the right department. And I told him to call me with any more problems so he won't bother you anymore."

Yoongi nodded.

"Well, I'm heading back to my office. See you at closing."

"Thanks." He cleared his throat. "Um...(Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"You...smell nice." 

And before you could respond, he'd shut the door in your face and locked it from the inside. And he was kicking himself for that all the way to closing time.