6

Eddie groaned walking down the stairs seeing a package on the table, "it's addressed to me?.." he picked it up reading his name over and over. "It wouldn't kill me if I opened it..."He muttered to himself ripping at the paper protecting it..."It's a birthday present?" 

"To Edward, my amazing son(:
Treat her good or I'll have to come over there and eat you.

- Love dad."

Eddie whipped the tear from his eye smiling a little opening the colourfully wrapped box. "Oh shit!" He jumped seeing his fathers' prize RC car, he grinned quickly running upstairs setting it up in his room until he got distracted by a ding from his phone.

---

---

"Hey," Eddie hummed getting into the car. "You're not some pyscho that's gonna kill me, are you?" Richie laughed winking. "Wouldn't say kill but.-" "Ew! That's' so gross!" Eddie fake gagged looking out the window covering the already forming redness spread across his cheek. "I was just joking Eds don't worry, Rachel would murder me." 

Eddie nodded, forcing out a laugh. "Ah, thank god." Richie choked. "Hey! You'd be lucky if you spent even a night with me." Eddie rolled his eyes. "Sure, I'd be so lucky." Richie nodded, laughing. "That's the spirit." Eddie sighed. "You're such a pig." He loosened his seatbelt looking in the backseat. "Whatchu got under the blanket?" Richie hummed. "Noisy much?" 

Eddie groaned twisting his body to face it. "It's my middle name." Richie grabbed his shirt with one hand. "Aye! Rachel told me to not let you see it," Eddie rolled his eyes sitting back down. "Is it a bomb?" 

Richie nodded giving off a goofy grin. "Of course." Eddie covered his mouth letting out a small laugh. "That's so stupid." "We are here!" Eddie watched as a nice house came into view. "Is this?" Richie nodded. "Yeah?" 

Eddie nodded getting out of the car. "You need some help or?" Richie shrugged. "I was grabbing a new couple parts? Could you just carry this in?" Eddie nodded grabbing the smaller box. "Yep!" "Mother! Rachel! We're home!" Rachel ran downstairs grabbing her friend quickly hugging him. "Hello!" Eddie laughed hugging her back. "Hey." Maggie raised an eyebrow. "Is this your...boyfriend?" Rachel shook her head quickly. "Nope!" Eddie laughed pulling back. "Rachel isn't my type. No offence?" 

Rachel rose an eyebrow. "Bitch, what's your type then? Cause I'm great." Eddie fake coughed. "Male." Rachel nodded quickly. "Gotchu. Wait why did you never tell me?!" Eddie answered. "Cause it doesn't matter? You didn't tell me you were straight?" Richie fake coughed. "She's not straight." Rachel groaned. "I'm straight you dickhead. You're the gay one." 

"No swearing Rachel!" Maggie announced from the kitchen. Rachel jumped grabbing Richie's arm. "Did you grab it?" Richie nodded. "It's in the bag, rat." "Richie don't call your sister a rat!" Richie groaned rolling her eyes. "But, she's..." "Richie! What the fuck!" Richie looked at Rachel as she chucked a box at him. "Oh! Thanks, forgot I got those." He shot her a quick finger guns laughing. 

Eddie gave her a confused look as Rachel fake gagged. "Nope, I'm not." Richie sighed. "I'm not looking at getting AIDs, sorry Rachel." Maggie perked up. "What?" Richie shook his head. "Nothing!" Rachel grinned pulling out the cake. "Come on! Let's go eat this bad boy!" Eddie shook his head. "Can't eat sugar miss." 

Richie looked at him, confused. "Sugar?"

---

Eddie sat down on Rachels bed. "So! You can't eat sugar?" Eddie nodded. "Mum won't let me." Rachel nodded handing him a piece of cake. "Eat it." Eddie stammered. "What?" "Rachel! Did you fucking steal my toolset?" Rachel rolled her eyes. "Wrong, you left it in here. Dumbass." Richie nodded. "Can I have some?" 

Rachel shook her head as Eddie shrugged handing over his slice. "Here." Richie looked at him, confused. "Isn't this?" "No sugar." Richie rolled his eyes. "Why?" Eddie shrugged going to say something but to be cut off by cake in his mouth. "You're welcome!" "Richard Tozier get out of my room!" 

Richie nodded. "Fine, fine. Oh yeah!" Richie handed Eddie a scared. "Happy birthday, Eds." Eddie rolled his eyes. "Thanks, but don't call me Eds. Ass. And also, I regret mentioning my birthday." 

Richie laughed a little as Rachel sighed. "You got your tools, please stop harassing my friend." Richie nodded putting up his hands. "Fine, fine." "So! Eddie, you're..." Eddie groaned. "So Rachel! You're gay?" Rachel sighed. "Some chick was like "Come on! Lets makeout to impress this guy!" And I was like "What?" And she started kissing me and people took photos and I was just like "what?.." And yeah! But you!" 

 Eddie sighed. "Ok, yeah, I'm gay? And? I'm not your punching bag, I'm not your experiment, and I'm not your gay best friend, you know what? You are my best friend, but I'm not going to sit there being like "this is how to do your makeup!" Cool? I don't even like makeup it's so.-" "Got bullied for being gay, huh?"

Eddie sat there stunned as Rachel sighed. "Richie. Stop eavesdropping." Richie laughed. "I was switching out the pins and BAM! "I'm not you're punching bag!", and...you ok?" Rachel sighed. "Richie." Richie put his hand up. "Homophobe, sh. You good?" Eddie nodded. "Yep! I'm fine, alright?" Rachel hummed. "I'm sorry, I just wanted you to like...know I was fine with it? Like I don't actually care, you could bone anyone you want. As long as it's not Richie." 

Eddie laughed a little. "Alright, I'm fine with that." Richie winked. "He might have to rethink that last one, no one can resist.-" "Someone on the mechanic's team?" "Beats track team Eds!" Eddie rolled his eyes. "I gotta get home, I'll see you two later." Rachel rose an eyebrow. "Why so early?" Eddie answered. "Time difference, scheduled a call." Richie laughed. "With like a long-distance boyfriend?" Eddie shook his head. "Dad."

Rachel hummed. "Oh, your parents?" Eddie nodded. "Uh...yeah. It's odd." Rachel cocked her head. "What do you mean? Richie get the fuck out." Eddie shrugged. "Eh, my dad had cancer when I was little." Rachel stammered. "Oh...that sucks." Eddie nodded. "Yep, got better though! Right! He went through like years of chemotherapy and fucking, he has a scar on his chest, right? And he lives! And then BAM! Relapse! And guess who books the first plane ticket?" Eddie forced out a laugh as Rachel grabbed the at this point shaking boy. "It'll get better..." 

---

A/N: Kinda shitty when shit like that happens.