I miss the memories replaying in my head

Calum's POV

Ashton's been bugging me non stop about this party thing he's throwing. I finally gave in and told him I was going. I know that Carly's going to be there because he told me and I feel like I'm ready. I've been ready to talk to her for awhile now, but I don't think she's ready. She already had to figure out how to live without Michael by her side, and now she had to learn to live without me. I pull up in from of Ash's house and I see a lot of cars parked outside. I get out of my car and walk up to the door I walk inside and walk to the back yard where he has everything set up. I walk around for a little while trying to find someone, with no luck of course.

"You made it." I hear Ashton say. I turn around and he pulls me into a hug. "How's it going mate?"

"Well you just saw me a few hours ago so-"

"Hey, look who came." I points in the direction of the door. My eyes scan around until I see Carly in this stunning yellow dress. God she's so beautiful and I cannot believe I let her go. "Well, are you going to say hi?"

"It's your party Ash, not mine. I'm gonna g-"

"You aren't going anywhere except over there to talk to her. You miss her Cal and it really shows. I saw the way you just looked at her. You can't tell me there's nothing there anymore."

"You're right, but what if she doesn't want to see me. I broke her heart Ash."

"And she broke yours too, but I know that deep down, you want her back and I know she does too or she wouldn't be here. Just go and talk to her." I take in a deep breath and start making my way towards her. 

"Hey." I say softly. She turns her head and looks me in the eyes. 

"Hi." She says back. 

"It's been a while." I say, trying to make conversation with her. It used to be so easy before all of this happened.

"It-it has. How-how have you been?"

"I've been about as good as anyone in this situation. What about you?"

"Me too."

"So," I start, "when does school start up for you?" I ask. 

"In August. I'm trying to find a place near campus so I don't have to drive to and from everyday."

"How's the house hunting going?"

"I have a few places lined up, I just don't if I can afford them."

"I could help."

"I can't ask you to do that. I've already taken so much from you and your money would just-"

"Carly, it's okay.  I can see the tears in her eyes that she's trying so desperately to blink away, but it doesn't work because a tear falls down her face. She quickly turns her head and wiped it away. "Do you wanna go somewhere so we can talk?"

"I'd like that a lot." I smile and we walk inside, away from the chaos outside. We head into the living room and sit down on the couch. 

"I've been think about you a lot and I've been thinking about us too. I miss you and I have a feeling you feel the same way." She looks down at the floor. 

"I do and I have since the moment you walked out the door. What I did was wrong and I know that and I wish that I could take it all back. I beat myself up everyday for doing that to you and to Rose. We had such a beautiful thing and I messed it up and I-I don't even know why." 

"You don't have to know why you just have to know your feelings." She looks at me.

"I do know know my feelings. I have feelings for you, I love you and I don't know how many times I need to say it for you to believe it."

"I think that was the last time." I put my hand on her cheek and connect our lips. I've missed her so much. I've missed her touch and the way she makes me feel when she's just simply around me. I've never loved someone as much as I love her.