This is my one shot at redemption

Carly's POV

My mom picked me up earlier in the day so now I'm at home packing. As I fold someone my clothes and start putting them in my suitcase, I hear a knock.

"Hey honey, just checking up on you." My mom says.

"I'm almost done." I say. I can feel her getting closer to me and she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"I will try and visit you as much as I can."

"You dont have to. I know that you want to but-"

"Of course I want to Carly, I'm your mother." She drops her hand from my shoulder and I turn around.

"I really don't want to leave, but I know that I can't stay."

"I know baby." She pulls me into a tight hug. My mom and I are extremely close, but my dad and I aren't. He's constantly pussed at me for no reason, but we have our good days. Thet got divorced a few years ago and my mom got fully custody. I'm an only child, but I see my mom as a sort of sister in a way. We pull away from the bug and I can see her crying.

"Mom it's okay. Grandma and grandpa will take good care of me and I'll be an 8 hour drive away." She wipes her eyes and nods. I continue to pack and she walks out of my room. I hear my phone start to ring and so I drop what I'm doing and look at the caller ID. Wait, this can't be right. I say to myself as I look at the screen. It says Michael's name and has his contact picture flashing on the screen. I take in a shaky breath and answer the phone. "H-hello?"

"Carly?" His voice makes my heart break everytime I hear it.

"Yeah it's me."

"You can't leave."

"Michael, you're the one who want me gone. I'm the reason-"

"Just let me convince you to stay."

"The only way I'm staying is if you get your memory back and I dont think that's going to happen. Enjoy your life with Rose." I hang up the phone and throw it on my bed. I go back to packing and by the time I'm done, it's almost time for me to leave. My mom helps me bring all my stuff down from my room and out to my grandma's car. After we load everything in, I get into the backseat and plug in my headphones. I start listening to the only thing I can stomach listening to and that's sad music. I have to do this. I have to move on from him, Cal, Luke, and Ash. As much as it hurts, it's what I need to do.

--------------

It's my first day at my new school and I'm more nervous then I've ever been in my life. I sit in the office as I wait for someone to show me around. I'm not used to being the new girl I mean I've lived in the same place my whole life and-

"You must be Carly." I look up and see a girl with long blonde hair that's tied up in a messy bun. I smile and stand up. "I'm Madison and I'm here to give you the tour." 

"I'm Carly, but you already knew that." We begin to walk around and she shows me some of the classes, the library, and pretty much everything I need to see. We sit down at a table outside and she looks at her watch. 

"We still have a few more minutes left so why don't you tell me about yourself?" 

"Oh well I just moved here from Sydney. I left behind some amazing friends and my mom who loves me more than anything, but I feel like this is what I needed to do."

"Why'd you move?" I feel my heart sink when I think of Michael. I haven't been thinking about him until now. I feel my eyes starting to water and for some reason, I feel as though I can't breathe. "I'm sorry if that was personal. It just seems like you had such an amazing life over there and-"

"I did. I had an amazing boyfriend who I loved and who loved me back. I had three amazing best friends that were like brothers to me and a mom who was kind and caring and would give up anything in this world for me, but then I got into that stupid crash and now my boyfriend who used to love me no longer knows who I am and is dating the girl who's been a bitch to me since we were in primary school. I had everything, but I screwed it all up and now I'm starting fresh." I see the look on her face. She looks shocked but also upset at the same time. "I'm sorry I just-"

"No don't apologize. I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing that with me."

"I've just kinda been keeping it all in I guess so thank you for letting me-"

"Well our time is up. I'll see you around." She gets up and walks away. I'm never going to get used to this, am I?