Taking its toll can last forever

Michael's POV

"Wait, do you remember her?" Asks Luke. I stare blankly at them before responding. 

"N-no, but-"

"She's leaving because you don't remember and you knew about her being your girlfriend, but now you're slumming it up with Rose. What the fuck is wrong with you?" 

"I get that you guys are mad, but I can't even look at her without feeling like this is her fault. She's the reason I-" I see Calum's face turn into rage and then I'm pushed up against a locker. 

"You don't get to blame her. She may have been behind the wheel, but she's hurting in ways that you couldn't even imagine. No matter how hard I beat the shit out of you, you still won't feel half the pain she's feeling right now." He lets go of me and walks away. I look at Ashton and Luke and they walk away too. Why am I being blamed for everything? Why is this suddenly my fault? 

"Hey, there you are." I turn my head to see Rose standing there. "Where did you run off to?" 

"I had to deal with some stuff, but I'm all yours now." She smiles and forcefully pulls my head down and kisses me. I hate the way she kisses me, but it's whatever. We pull apart and she walks away. I'm not even sure what that whole interaction was, but I can sure tell you I didn't like it. After school I sit in my room and wonder if I should really do what I'm about to do. I'm the last person that Carly would ever want to talk to right now, but I know what I need to try and do.