1

"New York is better." "Eddie bear, calm down. We'll do well here." His mother reassured the boy who was reaching into the box labelled "art supplies". "It doesn't seem too bad. I actually grew up here." Eddie nodded laying out his rug. "Cool ma." "What would you like for dinner Eddie bear? We can have Chinese or! Oh, there's this amazing diner in town." Eddie sighed. "Are you just trying to gain my trust back with food?" "Eddie bear..." 

"You don't just leave someone cause there sick." 

---

"See Eddie bear! It's good right?" Eddie shrugged playing with his fries. "I guess..." Sonia sighed. "When I was younger I used to go here all the time with my three closest friends!" Eddie nodded taking a sip from his milkshake. "Uh-huh, cool..."

Sonia questioned. "Do you like your burger?" "Mhmm," "Eddie bear, you can open up to mummy." "Sure...I guess. I'll uh, meet you at home? I gotta go for a run." Sonia nodded grabbing her sons hand. "Don't forget your inhaler! You know how your asthma flairs up at night." Eddie jumped retracting his hand. "Yeah, I guess." 

The boy walked down the aisle opening the door to exit only to bang into another boy, he looked up stumbling. "Watch where you're going!" He said with utter anger in his voice as the boy put his hands up. "Sorry." Eddie walked out of the dinner practically having steam blow out of his ears, the unknown boy questioned pointing at the already closed to door to his close female friend. "Who was that?" "Beats me, seems...angry though." The unknown boy laughed. "Hate sex? Anyone?" 

"Richie, shut up." Richie laughed quickly sitting down in the booth. "How about you make me, Bevvie babe." She shoved him looking off. "You're disgusting Trashmouth." "Thank you darlin'." He grinned with a goofy southern accent. 

---

---

"Fucking fantastic." Eddie laughed to himself chucking his phone on his bed, he gripped his forehead trying to calm down. "Great! So great!" He looked up at the bland ceiling mumbling to himself. "Why? Of all people why?" He turned his head slightly to see the framed photo of him, a young toddler, in his fathers' arms.

You're probably wondering, why is that a big deal? That's a normal photo? Frank Kaspbraks was skinny, he was bald, he had tubes in and out of him from every bit of his body and he was in hospital. The year Sonia Kaspbrak had announced she was pregnant Frank got some scary news. He had stage 3A lung cancer. 

Years of fighting, surgeries, chemotherapy and it seemed as if he had beat it and was finally returning to normal. Daily runs with his 13-year-old son, school plays, and just average life...until 5 months ago. 

Eddie whipped the tears from his eyes thinking of his father and how serious this all was, and how his mother was a coward who didn't care for his father. And how badly that hurt the young boy. 

---

A/N: Odd start? But like...ok.