The Sweet Scent of Honey

(L.a.n.c.e.s.p.o.v)

After I had told Keith about the promise, he was silent. It felt like Keith was about to burst into tears by the way he got tense. I looked up at my lover, scared of what he might do. Eventually, my eyes landed on his pale face. His eyes were closed, almost as he was thinking. Then I smelt it.

Keith knew how to calm me down, just as any Omega does. With Keith, it was so much different. The scent of warm vanilla and sweet honey oozed off of him. He griped my arms with his frail hands, squeezing softly. Keith went to speak, but I stopped him. Not with a word, but with my scent. 

When an Alpha and Omega combine scents, it shows connection, loyalty, and prosperity. Usually, it's always the Omega trying to calm the Alpha down with their scent, or the Alpha trying to seduce the Omega. Together, we made pure honey. While his was vanilla and honey, mine was peppermint and honey. Loud scents that filled each others noses.

While both Keith and I had calmed down for what felt like hours, we were pulled from our connectivity with a sound of a door opening. Keith was the first to look, and pain shattered his eyes. His scent immediately went away, and he shook me a little. As I turned my head, I smelt a scent I have known for years. Musk and tea. My eyes met the black and white haired Alpha, frowning.
"What are you doing here, Shiro?"
        "Leave him Lance. Or I will be forced to make you both leave the pack as you are.
"Shiro, you can't do that."
        "Watch me."
(Keith is in Italics)
        "Shiro, Look! Even if Lance wasn't my mate, I would never be yours! I see you as a brother, and never once has my little Omega brain thought of you breeding me. I chose Lance for a reason. He chose me for mate. Let go of the promise Shiro. We all know you fucked Matt because he was in heat, but he didn't let you mark him. You broke it before Lance even thought about it."
"Keith, be careful what you say. He can kick you out for disrespect."

        "Then let him," Keith stood up and Shiro raced to his side. I growled at Shiro before picked Keith back up, "You are o-one sorry excuse of a leader if you hold a grudge about your best friend for their mate." Keith broke through my hold and limping to the bathroom, barely making it. Shiro went to follow him, but I stood in front of the bathroom door.
"He is right, Shiro. You shouldn't kick us out because aren't you the one who said you can't help who you love? Aren't you the one who said you would always be there for both of us no matter what? If you want to hold a grudge because Keith and I are mates, have at it, but also hold a grudge for everything else we did that you didn't like. Hold a grudge because I killed Keith's mom, hold a grudge because you aren't the only leader like you wanted to be, and hold a grudge because your best friend has been there for everything, even helped you through your rut one time, but yet when I find someone to be happy with, you want to refuse it. I'm done, Shiro. I love you like a brother, and Keith does to, so grow some balls and get over the fact you're taking your anger out on Keith and I because Matt didn't want a mate. Just leave."

I smelt Keith's scent again, but I didn't release any. I could smell it, and I know Shiro could too. He withheld his Alpha though, looking at me with tears in his eyes. 
       "Fine, Lance. I hope you two have a successful relationship." Shiro could barely speak, but managed to get those words out. He walked out of the small house, closing the door. 

Keith walked out of the bathroom, leaning up against the wall. I ran to him, hugging him tightly.
     "You did good, alpha." Keith hugged me back, his legs went weak. I picked him up, to which he wrapped his fragile legs around my torso. I couldn't help but cry silently into his shoulder, hoping he wouldn't feel it.
     "Don't cry, Alpha! Everything is okay." Keith looked at me, kissing away the tears.
"I j-just want to be happy with you, K-Keith.." I closed my eyes, tears slipping past them.
     "We're going to be okay, Alpha. I promise on everything I have." Keith let more of his scent out, trying to calm me down again. I released mine shortly after smelling his. 

Oh, the sweet scent of honey is all I need to be happy.