● Chief of Police ●

"Alright, round the reporters up and tell em to wait outside! Keep them waiting near the front, and make sure the barricade is set up. We don't want any nosy reporters snooping inside the station." Detective Kang gives out his orders to security, the same shit he's been doing all day since word got out about Namjoon being appointed as the new Chief of Police.

The whole station was on high alert, with everyone bustling about to get things ready.
Solar comes out of her office, her hands full with documents, all with the name Jung Hoseok on them, specifically requested by the new Chief of Police himself that is currently residing inside the Chief's office and hasn't come out all day.

"Kang, is Namjoon ready yet?" She asks, putting the documents down his desk and looking over to Namjoon's new office.

Detective Kang rubs his temples, visibly showing his stress with furrowed brows and a deep frown. "He better be. The press is getting restless and we don't know how long until they start rioting to see him." He looks down at his watch, impatience clicks at his tongue, along with a scoff.

"I don't know why that punk gets to be Chief of Police. I've been working here when Chief Bang and I were rookies, I should have been given that position." An officer grumbles at his desk, throwing a scowl over to Namjoon's office door.

"This was Chief Bang's final orders. Respect his word and stop bitching about it." Kang rises to his feet, checking his watch again. "Solar, we need to start the conference now. I'll go out first and stall the press while you check up on Namjoon-"

"That won't be necessary." Namjoon calls out as he finally emerges from his office, the whole room goes silent at his presence.

Gone was the blonde hair, replaced with a dark brown tint. His outfit was prim and proper, that being a suit and tie, nothing to extravagant but it still gave him that badass authority vibe.

"Sorry for the wait

"Sorry for the wait." Namjoon says, his dimples on display as he smiles at Solar and Kang.

"Jeeze, were you plotting on taking over the world?! What the hell took you so long? The press is all waiting for you outside." Kang mutters as he hands the documents with Hoseok's name over to Namjoon.

Namjoon scoffs, grabbing the documents and skimming through the files, nodding to himself at all the information that was presented, thanks to an anonymous tip that called them earlier. "I was just getting myself ready to speak to the public." He clutches the files firmly, knowing this was the key to finding Yoongi and stopping Jung Hoseok once and for all.

The files contain information regarding the serial killer, from his birthplace of Gwangju, to the animal sanctuary where he used to work at. Even medical files regarding a rape incident, which lead Namjoon to believe that could have been the reason behind Hoseok becoming a serial killer.

All of this was presented by the anonymous caller, the person claiming to be a close friend of Jung Hoseok. When Namjoon questioned them of their motives, they merely said that this was their final way of trying to save Hoseok.