Chapter 44 | Evan Rosier

Hi there. This is just a little one-shot between your parents: Arabelle (L/N) and Evan Rosier.

Yes you heard that correctly. SEVERUS SNAPE IS unfortunately NOT YOUR FATHER.

~ * ~ *

Ravenclaw!" The hat shouted. The students erupted into cheering as the first year was sorted into her house. She looked around apathetically for the Ravenclaw table, then stalked over to it.

The nearby Ravenclaws patted her on the back, then left her alone. She watched the other first years get sorted.

There was a boy she met on the Platform, Evan was his name. What was his last name again? She couldn't remember.

"Arabelle!" She looked over her shoulder at her cousin, who was sitting at the Slytherin table. Her name was Blair, and she was only two years older than Arabelle.

"Hmm?"

"You would've been such a good Slytherin," she said, feigning sympathy.

Arabelle rolled her eyes. "I know. But the hat thinks otherwise."

"Come sit with me, Belle," Blair asked, patting a seat next to her.

Arabelle obeyed. Blair put a hand on her shoulder and announced to the Slytherin table, "This is Arabelle. She's my cousin, and if any of you mess with her, I'll rip your teeth out."

"A true Slytherin," Arabelle said, brushing back her long black hair and leaning against her chair. She crossed her arms and glared at everyone around.

"She would've made us proud," a seventh year boy declared. "She's got the look of a Slytherin. All she needs is the badge."

Of course, Arabelle was only pretending. She was good at that. All she had to do was glare at everyone and look malevolent.

She caught the eye of another first year Slytherin. It was Evan. He waved a little when no one else was looking. Arabelle smiled back and looked down.

Three Years Later

"Rosier, hurry up. You're lagging and Slughorn's trying to teach Black a lesson." It was Rupert Wilkes. He flashed a charming smirk towards Evan, who had caught sight of Arabelle.

"I'll catch up," Evan called. Wilkes shook his head and ran to their friends, who were hollering with laughter at Black.

Evan dropped by Arabelle, who was lying on a bench with her nose in a book. "Hey, (L/N)."

"Rosier." She pretended to be cold and distant towards him. As all students should be towards Slytherins.

He knew she was faking, however. "Whatcha reading?"

Arabelle suppressed a smile. "Old Reliable."

"Huh?"

She refrained from laughing at him. Instead, she tucked her hair behind her ears and stared him down. His half-grin made her crack, though, and she giggled. "Go away!"

"Now that's the Belle I know and love," Evan snickered, ruffling up her hair.

"Stop! Ugh. You messed up my hair." She sat up and tried to fix her hair, scowling at him.

He sat beside her, grinning. She stopped and huffed at him. "You're so frustrating. But I love it."

He grabbed and kissed her hand. "Good. Now that we've established that, maybe we can get on to other things?"

Arabelle loved the devilish look in his eyes, but she declined. "Keep it in your pants, Rosier. Your cronies are waiting."

With that, she got up, waved at him, and left. Evan shook his head at her and grinned.

~~~~
"Evan, wait."

Arabelle and Evan were 17 and engaged. He admitted he was becoming a Death Eater to her, fully accepting that she would leave him before they could get married. But she couldn't.

"Please don't go," she begged, her apathy gone and replaced with real concern.

Evan threw her into a tight hug, but he had to leave and they both knew it. "I love you. Take care of the kid for me. I'll be back in three days."

They recently learned Arabelle was pregnant. They were ecstatic at first, but in the end, they realized they were not fit to be parents.

After Arabelle learned Evan was a Death Eater, she accepted it immediately. She didn't care. She even considered joining him if it meant they would be safe together.

Evan... Please be okay.

His remaining friends brought back the body after the three days were up. Arabelle screamed at them, threw things at them, and cursed them out, but none of it brought Evan back.

It even came to the point where she didn't even want the baby. But she kept it, and she realized at Evan's funeral, it was the only remaining part of him.

You were the daughter of an apathetic Ravenclaw and a Death Eater. If Evan was alive for a month longer, your last name would be Rosier. You would be expected to be a Slytherin, perhaps even a Death Eater once you were old enough.

You wouldn't be caught dead hanging out with any Gryffindor. Fred would not be the highlight of your life.

You would probably be forced to marry someone like Flint, Nott, or if you were lucky, Malfoy. You would be lucky if you were allowed to even speak to the Weasleys.

How did your life become so different?

You could consider yourself lucky that your father died as such a young age. That is, if you ever learned the truth. Which will never, ever, ever happen.

Uh oh. Well, I guess you just figured it out by reading this chapter.

Arabelle (L/N) still thinks about Evan often. About how her life would be if he were still here. About how (Y/N)
would act around him. About how he would love his daughter as much as he did Arabelle.

She just really wished her fiancé was back.

~~~~
Published 5-3-20

This chapter was really... Different. Did you enjoy it?

The story isn't over yet. We still have one more chapter to go.