Chapter 10 | Yule Ball Pt. 1/2

A/N: (h/c) means (hair color)

This one's a two parter since I didn't want the chapter to be so long.

Enjoy!
~~~~
Saturday, December 24
Hermione helped you make a dress rather than buy one, which you thought was a fantastic idea. Your mother failed to lend you a dress for the ball.

Hermione beamed when you told her you were going to the Ball with Fred, and you were also really surprised that she was going with Viktor Krum.

That man is really famous! And huge!He better not crush Hermione's fingers and toes when they dance.

Hermione chose to make a beautiful pink dress. She looked stunning when she put it on; you were delighted.

Since Fred's dress robes were black and brown, you chose to create a black dress with Hermione.

You told Hermione the basics of clothing, what color, fabric, and size you wanted and she basically did most of it, since you didn't know how to sew.

The end result, which you got around 9 p.m (you went to bed shortly after that, sewing is exhausting even when you barely did it), was a ruffled black dress with open sleeves. It stopped at the knee, but it was long enough for you.

"Hermione, it's fabulous," you said, caressing the fabric.

She beamed. "I wish it could've been something blue or green to brighten you up, but you wanted to match with Fred so much," she admitted. "Try it on."

You obeyed. You stood in front of a full-length mirror and admired yourself. "It's so pretty, Hermione. I can't wait for tomorrow!"

"Speaking of tomorrow," she said, "I have a little something for you, since I might not have enough time then." She crouched beside her bed and reached under it for a dark red box with a bow on it.

She handed it to you, smiling. "Merry Christmas, (Y/N)!"

"Merry Christmas, Hermione!" You found her gift under your own bed and gave it to her.

You and Hermione opened it at the same time and you both gasped and hugged. "(Y/N), it's wonderful!"

Hermione held out her new diamond (real diamonds, fairly expensive) necklace. You nodded and gazed at your gift. It was a picture of you and Hermione, smiling and waving. The frame was red and gold and it had little charms dangling from the sides.

You were not used to moving pictures. "Hermione, it's amazing!"

You gave her one last hug before sitting it beside your bed and getting ready to sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~
Hermione helped you tie your dress into a small bow in the front while you cursed your rib and threatened it to be calm and collected. "Hermione, can I just thank you again for your amazing dress-making skills?"

Oh, it's no problem, really," Hermione said. When she finished you two stood next to each other in front of the full-length mirror.

"Your dresses are gorgeous!" You turned your head to see Ginny gazing at you. She had on a pastel green and pink dress that matched her shoes. She smiled.

"Thank you," you and Hermione said at the same time.

"Do you need help with your hair?" Ginny asked you two.

Hermione shook her head, but you nodded. "I'll need both of you to tame this hair." They went to work and after piles of hair spray and broken combs, your (h/c) hair was ready.

While Hermione was curling your hair and putting it into a thick braid, Ginny was putting realistic brown butterflies in it. You beamed at the results.

"It's so-"

"We're going to be late! We're going to be late, oh my god!" Lavender Brown rushed into the room, followed by Parvati Patil, and dug into her stuff. She pulled out a makeup bag and hurriedly brushed her face with powder.

"Lavender, say, who are you going with?" You asked.

She glanced at you quickly and rushed on some eye makeup. "Seamus."

You couldn't contain a snort and turned back to Hermione and Ginny. "Makeup?" You asked. They nodded, but it was just light makeup. Brown eyeshadow, mascara, foundation, blush. The light stuff.

Lavender had long gone before and you stayed in the room while Hermione and Ginny rushed out. "You coming?" Hermione had asked but you merely shook your head.

"See you in a bit!" You called and she nodded and left. You sat on your bed, staring at the wall with sweating hands. Then you got out Fred's Christmas gift and got up.

Downstairs, you smiled to see Fred leaning against the wall casually.

He grinned immediately when he saw you. "Why hello, gorgeous," he said, flirting.

"Hi, there, handsome," you joked. You held out his gift. "Happy Christmas!"

He smirked and took the wine-bottle shaped gift. "I got you something, too." He reached over to the couch and pulled out a small bag and a bouquet of flowers.

"Same time?" You asked, gesturing towards the presents.

"Same time. 3, 2, 1... This better not be alcohol." He smirked.

You laughed and dug into your bag and he tore the gold wrapping paper off the gift.

You had gotten Fred a plastic bottle that was filled with candy and small treats and wrapped in a red and gold scarf.

You plucked a small box out of the bag and opened it. It was a thin silver and gold necklace, but it was beautiful. You beamed at Fred and he smiled back.

"This is amazing!" You said.

"You know me so well!" He responded. "There's something else in there."

You pulled out a card, and he said, "Wait until tomorrow to open that."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"

"I don't know, that's what all the couples do. They make the other person wait to open the card. Duh."

Fred went upstairs to hide the sweets and scarf, and came down to help you put on the necklace.

Before you took off, you made sure to take some pictures with an old camera your mother had since she was in Hogwarts. You were glad it still worked.

You put the pictures away and he held out his arm and said rather seductively, "Shall we?"

"We shall," You responded and grabbed his arm, excited and anxious about the Ball.

~ ~ ~ ~
Published 12-23-19