Chapter 35 | Party All Night?

Sadly, there are only ten more chapters. Please enjoy.
~~~~

Wednesday, April 1
(2nd POV, Yours)
You, Fred, and George sauntered to your classes, glad that you managed not to drink too much. Of course, you didn't drink anything, not even water in fear someone would spike it.

There's no what you'd let yourself get drunk or tipsy before classes. You would probably get expelled... You didn't drink a single glass to make sure no one could smell it on your breath, not even students.

Maybe later you would allow yourself a glass, but just one. Your number one fear would be getting caught doing something bad at Hogwarts to get yourself expelled. After all, this was your first year, and almost your last.

In Herbology, Fred and George were dancing around, acting like fools while you tried to get them to stop before they got in trouble by the teacher.

We potted some plants like the other day, and while she was telling us her expectations for our next essay, I turned to the twins and whispered loudly, "Just because it's your birthdays, it doesn't mean you get to act like idiots all class and not get into trouble!"

They snickered at me but still quieted down. I smirked and looked away, satisfied. Professor Sprout quit her lecture and said, "Miss (L/N) if you have something important to announce, I'll gladly listen to it some other time. Please, try to pay attention."

Your cheeks went bright red. "Yes, ma'am."

Content, she returned to her lecture. You heard a few chuckles but glared at anyone who dared send you a humorous look.

Except for the twins, of course. "Ooooo," they went, earning a bad-tempered scowl from you.

"Shut up," you muttered.

After class, you didn't feel humiliated anymore. You just felt excited for tonight. There would be a huge party, even better than the previous, in the Gryffindor common room for the twins' birthday.

In Charms, you tried to focus on your Silencing charm on the jar of crickets in front of you. Distracting you was the noise of the crickets, the noise of everyone else, and the excitement for tonight.

You tried really hard, but the most you could was silence the crickets for 3 seconds. You promised yourself to try better tomorrow. As usual, you were giving homework to perfect the Silencing charm.

Next was Transfiguration and then History of Magic, which you didn't do too bad in. Still, more homework in both classes.

Then you had lunch and another break after that. As usual, you spent it with Fred. He sat with you in the library and actually allowed you to practice the silencing spell on him. You knew he was a keeper after that.

By the time you were supposed to get back to class, you could silence Fred for more than five seconds at a time. It was also just a teensy bit easier to conjure the spell.

In Potions, Snape had a silent fit over a local troublemaker, and for once it wasn't the twins. Maybe he was being nicer because it was their birthday... Nah, you doubted that.

After classes, the whole Gryffindor house was buzzing with excitement. Most everyone went to dinner early and scarfed it down. There were students trying to cram themselves next to the twins. This didn't sit well with you.

When a girl tried to sit in between you and Fred, you snapped at her, "Find another seat!"

She just scowled at you and went to George. You frowned. Fred chuckled. "Don't be too mad. It's not our fault we're so irresistible."