Chapter 29 | Daphne Greengrass, Can I Kiss You?

Sunday, March 15

Daphne!" You shouted out as soon as you awoke. You had to find her. She was the one who made those cookies!

What a monster! Was she poisoning you? Was she trying to kill-

Daphne Greengrass.

You got up with her name in mind. You took off your pajamas and put on some navy blue leggings and a long cream colored button-up blouse. You had Ginny straighten, braid, and pin up your hair while you put on mascara and bit of lip gloss. You wore silver flats. You had to look your best today.

Ginny gave you a look when you were done. "Got dressed up for Fred? He's gotten all dressed up too. He's wearing a tux!"

"Fred? No, pfft," you said, laughing. "Daphne..."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Who?"

"I gotta go! I need to see her this morning!"

You rushed down the steps and didn't take one look in the common room, even when Hermione called for you.

You ran out the portrait door patiently waited for the steps to change. Then, you sprinted down the hall and down to the Great Hall. You went right over to the Slytherin table and looked for her. You didn't see her, but you saw someone familiar.

Draco. You shook him and he almost spit out juice. "Draco, where is Daphne? Daphne Greengrass, I know YOU KNOW WHERE SHE IS, SO WHERE IS SHE?"

"Stop it! Stop- What are you going on about!?" He got up and slightly pushed you away.

"Daphne Greengrass! I need to see her! I love her!" You announced this in front of everyone in the Great Hall. You didn't care that everyone laughed and others went "ooooo."

He looked at you as if you were crazy. Maybe you were.

"Why are you so dressed up? What's with you?" He glared at you, then he suddenly looked at Pansy, who was laughing with Tracey Davis and Milicent Last-Name-You-Haven't-Figured-Out.

She had a hand over her mouth as she giggled at you.

"Pansy!" Draco said.

"Yes, babe?"

"What the hell did you do?"

She laughed and said, "I'll take you to Daphne, dear."

"Thank you, bless you," you said, melting at the thought of going to Daphne. That beautiful blonde girl...

"Pansy, no," Draco said. His two cronies, Crabbe and Goyle were looking at each other in confusion. You didn't care. You wouldn't stop at anything to get to Daphne.

Pansy and her friends, her amazing, sweet friends, took your arm and led you down.

"Pansy!" Draco called.

You turned around. "Shut up, Malfoy, shut up! Stop trying to keep her from taking me to Daphne!" You yelled at him with deep, jerky breaths. You were furious.

"Come on, don't worry about him," Tracey said, hand on your arm, giving you the sweetest smile ever.

"You guys are so nice! Let's be friends!" You smiled, thinking about Daphne. It would be awkward being friends with her friends, but you would do. Anything for her.