34 (Edited)

IVY'S POV
It was Monday, and I had my doctors appointment.

I was hoping to get the all clear from my own doctor that I could finally go back to doing somewhat normal things.

I had turned 28 weeks over the weekend, so we were definitely getting close to meeting little Morgan.

We had also had everyone confirm over the weekend, that they could come out this weekend. Including my sister and I was so excited to see her, we hadn't seen each other since Axel had her surprise me for my birthday.

"So, once we get back from the doctor I figured we could finish up her nursery. And then install the car seat," I said as we headed towards the doctors office.

"That sounds great, I think after that everything will be ready for the most part," He said and I smiled.

"I know, it's getting real now," I told him.

We made it to the appointment just on time, traffic was a lot worse than we expected. But anyways I checked in and then we went to sit in the waiting room.

"I'm hoping to get the all clear, to finally go back to some normalcy," I said and he placed his hand my thigh and gave it a squeeze.

"I'm sure all will be well doll," He kissed my temple.

"Ivy Lanacane?" I heard a nurse call my name.

We stood up and walked hand and hand to the doorway where the nurse was standing.

"How are you guys doing today?" She asked with a big smile.

"We're doing good, how are you?" I asked smiling back to her.

"I'm doing good dear, okay if you can sit here I'll take your vials," She said pointing to a chair next to a table.

She took my temperature, blood pressure etc.

"Okay, you can get on the exam table. And your doctor will be in with you shortly," She said and I nodded my head.

Axel helped me on the table, I haven't been able to that by myself in months.

We were just talking when there was a knock on the door and then it opened.

"Hello! How are we doing today?" She asked as she sat on the stool.

"We're doing good, how are you?" Axel asked.

"I'm doing well, so I heard that you started having contractions the other week?" She questioned.

"Yeah, so we had just bought a house. And we were getting ready to move in, and he was off doing something and it was just me and his sister. When I had a contraction and they just got worse so we went to the hospital and they confirmed they were real contractions but that I wasn't progressing so the gave me Terbutaline, and I was thankfully able to go home the next morning. With instructions to take it easy until I came to this appointment," I explained and she nodded her head.

"Okay, that's really good they were able to stop it and that you weren't progressing. I think you probably over worked yourself but after looking at your vials from today, I would definitely say you can go back to normal of course don't go crazy but you don't have to be as cautious," She explained and I smiled with excitement.