2.6 - Vile

| Norah |

Every cell in my body seemed to be on fire, my nervous system crackling and breaking down in me. It took everything in me not to react. I swallowed down the bile in my throat and smiled at Viktor. Just a simple smile took such an effort, but I was more scared of them finding out who I was.

Years ago, Viktor's hair might have been a stark black like the ink in a pen. Now it was graying all over, his stubble white on his face. He was dreadful to look at, no matter how cleaned up he was. I knew the vile man he truly was, the blood that was on his hands.

I had to get out of here.

Fuck the plan. I should've known this was a bad idea. Sure I could seduce Anatoly's son-in-law, an ordinary drug currier, and even their mercenary. But how could I have thought killing Anatoly would be easy? Why didn't I even think about Viktor being with him?

I could kill Viktor right now. Offer a lap dance and go to straddle him on the couch, run a hand up my thigh, revealing more of me before grabbing the knife strapped around my upper thigh and gut him like the pig he was. Right in front of his brother. I could do it.

But I knew that'd only end up in my death as well, which was not the intended outcome.

I wanted him dead to rid of the threat against me and my family. I knew that if I killed Viktor now, I'd be dead in seconds, and my brothers, Xander, and Maddox would all come storming in here, guns blazing. I trusted their skill and expertise, but there were dozens of Russians in this club. It was near impossible that they'd all make it out of here.

Viktor was looking over me, mostly a look of desire, but something else was there. Curiosity? Confusion?

"What do you say, shlyukha?" Viktor smirked, bringing his gaze back up to my eyes. I hadn't heard a word they had said.

"Hmm?" I hummed curiously, trying my best not to anger them with my ignorance.

"What do you say we share you, moy brat i ya?" Anatoly repeated for me. My heart faltered when I realized what they had been asking.

"I'm intrigued at the idea. How much are we talking lyudi?" I played along. Viktor rose his eyebrow at me.

"Already talking prices, huh?" He seemed surprised, almost like he didn't believe me. I shot him an unnerved look.

"I came here because word around the street is you pay graciously," I informed, stepping up to him, "and I think with my services, you'll be more than willing to pay up," I almost dared him, looking up from under my dark lashes. Viktor seemed intrigued.

I had no idea where I was going with this. I was just trying to stall until I thought of something.

"As I said, I'm intrigued. But, only if you're willing to negotiate," I insisted.

"I think you'd find most women of your profession would be more than willing to... accommodate. You clearly know who we are. So, what makes you think you can drive a high bargain with us?" Anatoly was the one to speak up. I shrugged my shoulders and looked over both of them.

"Well, I'm not like most of your regulars then. I came here to bargain my services only with you Mr. Kosta. If you aren't interested in negotiating, I can be on my way," I crossed my fingers they'd let me off the hook.  Maybe if I asked too much or played too many money grabs, they'd be disinterested.

"Oh, we're interested," Viktor said in a low voice.

I'm fucked.

• • •