1.8 - The Beast

*Trigger Warning*

| Norah |

Xander was sitting in the back of the Escalade with me, and he pulled out a huge diamond necklace. He asked permission before reaching around to clasp it on.

"You're going to have a camera this time. We placed it in your necklace. It'll send a live feed for us to see. If you get a vibe from Feliks or he oversteps, all you have to say is -"

"Whiskey, on the rocks," I cut him off. He nodded and smiled at me.

"Seems like we've got everything in place then," Xander assured me just as we pulled up to the Russian club. It seemed just as expensive as Oasi, but Ricardo said that I should have no trouble getting in. Apparently, ladies had easy entry around here.

How comforting.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Matteo asked from the passenger seat. Everyone in the Escalade grew silent as they turned to look at me.

For the first time since we had been doing this, I had never seen them look so concerned.

Again, how comforting.

"Guys, I'll be fine," I reassured them, even though it felt like I was reassuring myself more than anything.

I got up and walked out of the Escalade, with one look back at Xander. He nodded, and I knew that was his sign of faith in me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and got into the line.

• • •

I saw him from across the room. Muscular, tall, brooding, and sure as hell the scariest man I had ever seen. He could snap me like a twig if he wanted to. Now I understood why they referred to him as zver'. AKA, the beast.

Yet, I still somehow gathered up the gut to go do what I had to: reel him in.

I blended into the small group of women dancing and swaying their hips back and forth. Men were sitting around them and watching from a distance. Slowly I could tell that the women were getting picked off by the men. It was like a cage of prostitutes getting picked out by the men like animals. Among these men was Feliks.

I brought my eyes to him and smirked. He found himself staring back, rubbing his hands together and nudging the scarred guy next to him. They both smirked back to me and I knew I had caught him. Hook, line, and sinker.

I mimicked the women who I could tell had been doing this for years. I let my head lull back and felt the music as I dragged him into my spell. I didn't expect it to work on him as much as the other men, given how strong he came off as.

But then again, he was a rapist. Women were his target, and I was basically bringing myself on a platter for him.

Little did he know why.

He murmured to the scarred man and got up, walking towards me. I bit my lip and trailed my eyes up to his hungrily as he looked over me.

He spun me around with barely an effort and was gripping me against him. I was shocked instantly but felt myself slipping into my persona. I closed my eyes and thought of something that would ease me into what I had to do. I could feel Xander's lips on mine and I let that distract me from how I trailed my fingers down this murderer's neck. I leaned my head back and bore myself to him.