0.2 - Meeting The Boss

~ How I imagine Maddox ~

| Norah |

My eyes were still closed when I woke up. Rolling onto my side and yawning, I sighed. The sheets and pillows smelled like fresh lavender like they had just been washed. I savored the silky-soft, fragrant fabric underneath me, clutching the sheets closer to me, and ignored the slight headache in my head.

Silk? My bed wasn't nearly this soft.

I knew this wasn't my bed, but the eminent shock didn't quite register until I opened my eyes to look around.

I slowly rose out of bed as my heart started to speed up.

Where the hell -

I looked down at myself and saw that my black dress from the night before was still on, but my heels were off. I mentally gave a sigh of relief, thankful my clothes were still on.

What the hell happened last night?

When I asked myself this, I felt hopeless. I racked my brain for a good five minutes before I realized soon enough that I had no idea...

I took steady steps into the bathroom that's door was open. My body felt sluggish as I walked into the bathroom and dropped my palms onto the marble countertop sink. I breathed in, feeling hungover, and looked into the mirror. My makeup was a mess around my entire face, lipstick smeared, eyeshadow blotchy, but the most unmistakable flaw in my makeup was the way my mascara and eyeliner looked as if I had been crying heavily the night before, my hazel eyes looking irritated and red.

Amnesia or not, I had been roofied. I knew that for sure.

My stomach grew nauseous as I looked at the complete wreckage before me in the reflection of the mirror.

I knew I shouldn't have gone to the club. Something in my gut told me I should've just stayed back in my apartment.

All I remember was having a drink with Will and then going to dance.

My whole body felt weak, and suddenly I stumbled back. Before I could fall, Will caught me and nearly suffocated me with his forceful lips.

Everything after that was a blur. To be honest, I wasn't surprised at the revelation that Will was behind all of this. I didn't want to imagine what happened after I had been drugged. Although, I was sure enough that I had not been raped. Knowing this eased me only a bit.

I was sent out of my thoughts when a knock came upon the door frame of the bathroom. I snapped my head to face who was responsible for the sudden shock.

Before me was a wall of a man. Ink blank hair slicked back, revealing much of his strong jaw and sharp cheekbones. His attractive features were quite a shock at first, but I was quickly swayed to recognize his cold bluish-gray eyes. I gasped once I caught eye contact and felt realization wash over me.

Even across the room, through the dark setting, his eyes seemed to bore through me like they could read my soul.

"Who the hell are you...?" I murmured, not confident enough to speak any louder than a quiet tone. Not to mention that my throat was sore and felt rough.