Twenty One.

Chapter Twenty One - Carlos POV

Time is moving at a unbearably slow pace, I just want to see her face, hold her in my arms and make sure she's okay. After a agonizing two hours, which I spent trying to figure out who done this and why, the doors opened ,and Mila is wheeled towards a small room and placed on machines to monitor her heart rate.

Practically running, I race to the room, where three members of staff are caring for her, there eyes all flick towards me before going back to work. A man, dressed in a white jacket, holding a clip board in his hands, sits beside me. "You're her boyfriend right?" I nod my head, unable to respond as I stare at her pale body. "Doctor Ryan, she has two deep wounds to her head, they required stitching and we will be monitoring her for twenty four hours to make sure there's no internal bleeding. She'll come round in a few minutes, however the police have been called to investigate what happened."

Moving the plastic chair closer to Mila I thank the doctor and the nurses, they leave heading to the next patients, as I lock my hands into hers. Her heart rate continous at a steady rate, as I run my fingers over her smooth skin, humming to her quietly.

Since saying at the cabin with Mila, I've learnt many things about her, she dances around the house constantly, loves singing in the shower with her powerful voice and hums when she's concentrating. And every time she does little things like this, my heart beats faster.

"That tickles" Mila mummers as she clasps my hand tighter than before, her beautiful eyes flicking open, to stare at me. I smile at her, not just a little half hearted one, a full teeth smile, as I lean down to kiss her head, the color finally returning. "Sorry about this!" Mila mutters towards me and my family, she attempts to sit up causing panic in my chest.

"Lay back down Mila" I say as she rolls her eyes before continuing to sit up. "Mila seriously your going to.."

"Its fine Carlos." My father says as my concerned eyes flick to him, he's meant to be on my side. Susan is still clasping her hand tightly around my fathers, offering me reassuring smiles, however she's clearly still panicked.

"Mila, who done this?" I ask as I move closer so that I can run my fingers through her long chestnut hair, which cause her to smile up at me.

"No one, I was in the bathroom, I drunk to much and slipped on the wet floor smacking my head. You know me... clumsy" She says however I can tell straight through her lies, her smile not meeting her eyes.

"Are you sure?" I ask as she nods her head, closing her eyes once more, as she tried not to cry. I could sense that something still isn't right, she practically walks on stilts when she's at work, I find it so unlikely that she fell over in the bathroom, but I didn't press her for more answers and let her fall asleep.

"We're going to head back to the apartment, do you want a lift?" My father asks as the both of them stand up, I shake my head to tired to respond. Mila has been asleep for hours and I had stayed by her side every second, not moving even when the urge to go to the toilet came. I could step away for a minute and someone could harm her again, and I wasn't going to let that happen. "We're be back in the morning, good night"

Heading to the corner of the room, I dial a number as it rings three times, the rough voice of Ox answers, as if he'd been asleep for hours. It is one in the morning, what do I expect of my workers? To be awake every moment of the day? "Listen, I need you to have a look at the camera's at the restruant, tell me who goes in and out, and a list of their names!"

"Alright got is boss" Hanging up the phone, I head back to the seat next to Mila, holding her hand tight as two police officers enter the room.

"Sorry to bother you Mr Alexanderson, we have to get a statement from Mila, as to what happened last night, is that okay?" They are both holding a pocket sized notebook and pen, slowly I tap Mila's shoulder making her wake up, as she stares at the two police officers in front of her. "Don't worry you having done anything wrong, we just need a detailed statement from you."

"Of course grab a seat" She says sitting up and gesturing towards the chairs, I sit on the edge of her bed holding her hand tightly for support.

"So start from the beginning..."

"We where having a meal with the Alexanderson family, Me, Carlos, Alex, Lucas and Susan. I had drunk a lot of wine and so I was despreate for the toilet so I rushed up, I caught my foot on my dress and it ripped meaning it kept getting caught. As I entered he bathroom I used the facilities, however as I stood up and got my dress all sorted, my foot caught and I hit my head on the window frame and then on the toilet causing bleeding."

"And you didn't think to tell your husband?" The female officer asks as she scribbles the notes down.

"He's not my husband, just boyfriend. And I was just meeting the Alexanderson's for the first time, I didn't want to embarrass myself with my clumsy actions, so I cleaned it up and sat back at the table. Clearly I was bleeding a lot and as a result I passed out."

Everything that she had just said was complete and utter lies and she knew I could tell, she avoided eye contact and stared at the bedsheet or the heart rate monitor. "We'll conduct a investigation and get back to you, hope you feel better Ms Williams!" She says as they both exit, and Mila pretends to fall back asleep, but I could tell from her breathing that she was only pretending, so she doesn't have to tell the truth.