Chapter 23-Epilogue

It was later in the evening after we had captured Fyodor and saved the ADA president and Port Mafia boss. All the Armed Detective Agency members, I included, were now on a yacht partying. There also were members of higher society who were either Francis' friends (because it was his boat) or government officials for the special ops.

There was food and drinks. Also, the sun was setting. And it was just beautiful. It definitely felt deserving after all we went through in the past couple of days. Dazai and I were out on the top deck enjoying glasses of champagne and watching the sunset behind the city. Soon Atsushi walked over to us.

"This is such a nice venue." Atsushi compliments as he comes closer.

"Yeah." Dazai replies. "It's a beautiful ship."

"It is very pretty indeed." I nod in agreement, leaning my elbows on the railing. There's a moment of silence before Dazai speaks up.

"Atsushi."

"Yes?" Atsushi panics, jumping slightly.

"How was it working alongside Akutagawa?"

"Yes, how was it?" I wonder, leaning forward to look at Atsushi's face.

"Awful." Atsushi says. "I never want to partner with him again."

"Why not?" Dazai chuckles slightly.

"We're just fundamentally incompatible. He's short-sighted and..." Atsushi then explains what went down with him and Akutagawa in the storage unit in the enemy base.

"And what did you tell him?" Dazai wonders.

"I'm sure you can guess."

"Sure, I have a vague idea." Dazai shrugs. Atsushi then tells us what he told Akutagawa to do for the next six months. "I figured that's what you'd say."

"That's hilarious!" I laugh. "Akutagawa not killing anyway. That's really funny."

"A mafia member who doesn't kill, huh?" Dazai mumbles while looking down at a small container from Lupin. "You and Akutagawa are both fighters. Just like us." He grips the container tightly before placing it back in his pocket. I stood up straight grabbing my drink and walking to be on the other side of Dazai since he had picked up his glass and turned to Atsushi. "Atsushi."

"What are we toasting to?" Atsushi asks, turning towards Dazai with his glass in his hand.

"To the stray dogs." Dazai smiles softly as the wind ruffles his hair. I raise my glass in agreement and Atsushi does too.

"To the stray dogs." Atsushi and I say at the same time with smiles of our own. The three of us then clink our glasses together. Grinning, we drink our drinks celebrating our achievements. We then proceeded to party for the rest of the night.

>>><<<

Honestly, it had been a difficult couple of weeks. Firstly, with the whole Dead Apple situation. Secondly, with Fyodor and his Rats in the House of the Dead. And thirdly, meeting up with the Port Mafia again. But now everything was alright again and I could finally go back to my flower business. I wonder if Biwa missed me? Nah... she probably threw herself a party. I mean, I would if I were her. Parties are fun, just like the one last night with the ADA!

"Ro! Ro! Wake up!" Dazai cheers, shaking me awake. Groaning I roll away from him, flinging my arm over my eyes. "Rose! You've got to get up!"

"Why?" I grumble.

"Because I'm taking you somewhere." Slowly I peel my arm off from over my eyes and flop onto my back to look up at him. He grins down at me as I look him over suspiciously.