Chapter 18-Dead Apple

I had somehow managed to get on the same radio frequency that the Special Operations Division used. I was listening in as I searched for a spot to wait for the love of my life to come back to me. My phone was clutched in my hand as I raced around with an earpiece in my ear.

"What is A5158's current location?" Ango shouted in worry.

"Get your crap together, scrub." Chuuya retorts.

"Chuuya... Dazai is almost certainly eliminated by now. Do you understand what that means?"

"I don't care."

"Are you sure? You haven't taken your reward... my life."

"You're both idiots." I grumble to myself.

"Don't get cocky, butthole." Chuuya grunts. "You were a lowly infiltrator six years ago. No one lent you an ear when you opposed employing Shibusawa, did they? This is nothing but his bumbling. That dimwit Dazai is inside there. No doubt about it."

"You're correct, Chu, surprisingly." I spoke into the earpiece.

"Rozu!" Chuuya shouts. "What's the situation?" I'm shocked he didn't call me out for being on the same line as him and Ango. "What's happened?"

"Dazai was stabbed with a poisoned fruit knife." I nonchalantly reply causing both men to gasp. "You both are lucky Dazai planned ahead."

"Huh? What do you mean, Rozuko?" Ango questions.

"He's got the freaking antidote stuck under his tongue."

"Perfect! I need to give him a smack, or I'll never get over it." Chuuya cheers.

"Wait! You're going to use Corruption?" I wonder.

"Thorny, have you not looked in the sky?" Looking behind me and up at the sky I spot something utterly shocking. There was a dragon in the air! That's not normal even for having supernatural powers such as I do!!

"Uh... well, good luck with that Chu."

"Thanks." He grumbles. I just know that he was rolling his eyes at me. "I'm hanging up."

"I'm counting on you." Ango replies but Chuuya's already hung up.

"We all are." I state. "So... how's it going Ango?"

"Rozuko, you shouldn't have access to this frequency." Ango grunts in response.

"Meh." I shrug, walking forward, I was going back the way I came. After seeing the dragon I realized I needed to get closer. Chuuya would land with Dazai in the ruins around Mukurotoride. "Did you know Shibusawa had somebody else working with him?"

"If you're trying to give me information to clear your status as an ex-Port Mafia member, it's not going to work."

"But Dazai went underground for two years to clear his records!" I whine. "I disappeared for four!! Ango, this other person is dangerous. Like, extremely dangerous!"

"Ugh... we'll see..." He sighs. "Who's this other person?"

"Fyodor Dostoevsky." Ango inhales sharply at my words. "Now am I getting my history wiped or not?" I ask with a devious smirk.

"Yes, thank you, Rozuko."

"You're welcome." I grin. "I'm off to find the boys. See you, Ango!" I cheer before hanging up. "Now, where oh where would they land?"

>>><<<

I could see Chuuya fighting the dragon from above. I was maneuvering through the ruins waiting for my best friend and lover to fall into my waiting arms. Ha! Like I was going to catch them. Nah, but I'll be nice and give them a soft landing with some grass.