Chapter 11-Dark Era

I ended up at Odasaku's home, in my bedroom. Odasaku wasn't even back yet. Laying on my bed, I clutched my pillow tightly. I had stripped down to just a tank top and shorts. My hair was a mess and my face was stained with tears. That was one of the hardest things I had to do. And one time I had to fight off fifty enemies at once by myself and that was easier!

Feeling utter heartbreak and loneliness I called up the one person I knew I could talk to. My best friend, Chuuya. Even though he was off on a mission out of the country I knew he would answer. Quickly dialing the number, and putting it on speaker, he picks up on the first ring.

"Hey, Thorny. How's it going?" He wonders in a joking tone. The tone of his voice had nothing to do with it but just those few words had me crying again. I was being truly pathetic.

"Ch-Ch-Chu..." I stutter through my tears, wiping at my face.

"Hey! Hey! What's up?" He panics. "What's wrong, Rozu? Did Dazai do something?" I shake my head but realize he can't see me. "Do I need to come back sooner?"

"Ah... I'll be fine Chuuya, it's... I just need someone to talk to."

"Of course! That's what I'm here for." He cheeses. "Tell me what's wrong. You sound terrible. Have you been crying?"

"Y-Yeah..." I mumble, grabbing a tissue and blowing my nose. "Something happened today at work."

"Okay, continue." Chuuya urges.

"So... my brother's got this mission right now and Dazai's been helping—"

"I knew it! That bass-turd Dazai did something, didn't he?" Chuuya bursts, cutting me off.

"Chu, you're supposed to be listening..."

"Sorry." He mutters. "Go on, Rozu."

"Okay, so Dazai's been helping Odasaku gather information about this group, Mimic. And Dazai's been not acting the same, I think he's worried. We were at the bar the other night with our couple of friends and Dazai asked for us to take pictures for proof that we were together."

"Sounds normal to me." Chuuya shrugs.

"But he makes it seem like something's going to happen. Dazai's extremely smart and his predictions are usually always correct."

"Sure..."

"You're only saying that because you don't like him." I huff, crossing my arms over my chest. "Anyways, today Dazai punched Akutagawa in the face in front of the other subordinates in his group. And he was just being very mean in general. Sure, what Akutagawa did was something stupid, because we needed to get information, but Dazai didn't need to teach him a lesson that way."

"So that's why you're upset?"

"Uh... kind of..." I trail. "I confronted Dazai afterward about his attitude and ended up telling him that we should take a break."

"Oh..." Chuuya mumbles saddened. "I see... you really like him, don't you?"

"I love him so darn much, Chu."

"Then it'll all work out in the end." He replies. "I've uh... got to go now, Rozu, but I'll wrap up this mission as quickly as I can and come back to you, okay?"

"Thanks, Chuuya." I mutter. "You're the best."

"I know." He chuckles. "Get some rest and don't worry so much."

"Okay." I nod. "See ya."

"See you." He responds before hanging up. With a large sigh, I sit up in my bed. Brushing a hand through my hair I try to untangle the red mess. After getting my fingers stuck I gave up and plopped back down.