Chapter 4-Fifteen

And.... we ended up at an arcade, typical boys. I sat with my arms crossed beside Dazai on a stool, my back leaning against the game machine. Chuuya sat across from Dazai and they were battling each other on a video game.

"Well, too bad for you." Dazai says smiling evilly.

"Gah! Hang on a second!" Chuuya shouts panicked.

"K.O." The machine says signally that the game was done and that Chuuya lost.

"Remember our promise?" Dazai grins. "The loser has to obey one order from the winner, like a dog." The comment makes Chuuya slam his head onto the control board.

"Ugh, boys." I groan, rolling my eyes.

"Ne, Ro you saw that I won fair and square. He has to fulfill the promise." Dazai says turning his head to me. "Now, what should I have you do?" He wonders looking back over at Chuuya.

"I was so sure I could win, too!" Chuuya exclaims upset, bursting up from his seat.

"The strength of your ability is your downfall." Dazai smugly says. "It's so strong that you never learn to be cunning or to think tactically, whether it's video games or riddles."

"Riddles?" Chuuya asks slamming his hands onto the control board. "I don't remember ever doing riddles, let alone losing!"

"If you guys want this settled, why don't you have a contest to see who can catch the perpetrator first." I pipe in, causing both boy's heads to swivel in my direction.

"What a brilliant idea, my little rose." Dazai smiles ruffling my hair. "I was actually thinking the same thing." Sighing I push his hand off my head and he returns his attention to Chuuya. "If you win, we can call off the bet we had. But if I win, you're my dog for life." He replies with a face that showed that he already knew he was going to win.

"You're on! I'll do it!" Chuuya says bringing his foot up onto the control board and pointing this finger at Dazai in rage. "I'm neither cunning or tactical? Why would I ever show you what I have up my sleeve?"

"Does the fact you always have your fists closed and engage with your opponents using just your kicks have something to do with what you have up your sleeve?" Dazai wonders.

"How I fight is none of your business." Chuuya says dropping his foot and stepping away from the game machine, his back to us.

"I see. So you're being lazy on purpose." Dazai jokes. "Say, why are you looking for the god of fire, Arahabaki? What got you interested?"

"Why are you so insistent on dying young?" Chuuya asks turning his head back to look at Dazai but quickly throws his hood up and ducks. Turning to see what caught his attention I spotted two kids in the door to the arcade looking around.

"What's wrong?" Dazai wonders peering over at the hiding Chuuya.

"Shut up for a second!" Chuuya responds as Dazai then looks to the doors.

"Oh, those two." Dazai hums. "The blue bracelets they're wearing... they're members of Sheep, aren't they? Is there a problem?"

"Aw, looks like Little Bo-Peep's sheep aren't lost anymore." I taunt Chuuya, slipping off my stool to stand behind Dazai. Reaching around Dazai grabs my left wrist tugging me close and draping my arm over his left shoulder. Blushing, I rest my chin on top of his wavy brown hair.

"Does this seem like a good time for them to see me?" Chuuya whispers.

"Hey, Chuuya Nakahara!" Dazai says loudly enough for the Sheep members to hear. "Let's get to work! Boss's orders!"