Chapter 15-Dead Apple

I waited in the seaside cemetery, observing my lover from afar. Dazai sat against the gravestone of my older brother, Odasaku. There he was waiting for me. It brought a smile to my face, he actually remembered. It was four years later—the anniversary of Odasaku's death and the day we would meet again.

His head leaned on the stone, looking up at the tree above yet his eyes were closed. With a flick of my wrist, I made wildflowers grow up around Dazai and the grave. A smile grows on his face. Turning his head to the left, which was the direction I was in, he opens his eyes.

"There you are, my little rose." He smiles softly.

"Here I am, Osamu." I say walking over to where he rested. I fall to my knees beside him and latch my arms around his neck. His arms engulf me, filling me with warmth and his ever-present love. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you also." He whispers, clutching me tightly. "I love you."

"I love you too." I replied, pulling back to see his face. Snaking my arms from around his neck I cup his cheeks in my hands. "Beautiful." I say in awe. I never did get a good look at his uncovered face years ago. His brown eyes were much lighter, his skin was smooth and untouched, and his brown waves still covered his forehead.

"I could say the same for you." He reaches up and twirls a strand of red hair. My hair had grown longer, falling below my shoulders, yet not much other than that had changed about me. I was still the same height, still wore basically the same thing, and still acted pretty much the same except I was more thought provoked. "You've aged wonderfully like one of Chuuya's wines." He jokes.

"You goof." Giggling, I place my lips on his, kissing him gently. It was a slow passionate kiss, showing how much I missed him. He smiles into the kiss, putting as much care as he could into it. "I've seen you around." I tell him once pulling away, his eyes flutter open. "You've changed into a good man."

"That's what I've been going for. But I'm afraid my evil tendencies live on."

"I understand."

"You do?"

"I had to change into a better person as well. At times it's hard to not go back into the same mindset that I had in the mafia."

"Mm-hm." He hums in agreement. With his hands still around my waist, he twirls me, pulling me into his lap. I giggle at the motion but happily lean back against him. "So what have you been doing, Ro? You said you've seen me around so you must know that I work for the Armed Detective Agency now." I nod against his chest, before tilting my head up to gaze up at him.

"You're wondering about that thing I couldn't say?" I wonder, quirking an eyebrow. He nods and places a kiss on my forehead. "I opened a flower shop." He begins to laugh at my statement.

"That was what you couldn't tell me." He chuckles, hugging me tighter to his chest. "You're the goof here, that's for sure, Ro."

"Well, I'm your goof so get used to it." I smile widely, repeating the words I had said back in the bar the night we took pictures.

"I am used to it." He grins back. "I really missed this." He sighs, resting his chin on the top of my head. I hum in agreement, snuggling closer, loving the proximity that we were in. "Somebody's coming." He whispers into my ear.

"Is it—"

"Nobody bad, just a coworker." He replies, before leaning his head back on the gravestone. I can hear light footsteps run up the small hill and stop in front of the grave. Hands clap together like they're praying. "Atsushi Nakajima." Dazai calls out to the person, his head coming back down to rest on mine. The name he spoke caught my attention, sounding familiar.