23 | guilty

" only looking straight ahead
running towards you "

eunkyul reached school the next day early and placed her bag on her desk before taking a seat

eunkyul reached school the next day early and placed her bag on her desk before taking a seat. she turned to the empty desk next to her. it was only yeseo's second day of absence but she already missed her so much. then again, she was glad that yeseo wasn't in school to witness all the disgusting things byeol does to junghwan, and how he doesn't seem to mind at all.

"eunkyul!" she heard jongseob call from behind. she swiftly walked towards the back and sat on one of the empty desks in front of jongseob's table.

"you're here early." she commented to him.

"you too." he replied.

it was awkward silence for a few seconds before jongseob snapped his fingers.

"ah, i almost forgot!" he bursted out and took out his phone. "i found this old commercial on sns."

he placed his phone down and played the video. eunkyul recognized the young boy in the video immediately.

"isn't this so junghwan?!" she guessed.

"exactly! we all knew he was a dancer at some academy in iksan, modeled for a few children's clothing brands and did taekwondo with k-tigers but i never knew he was a freaking actor!" jongseob exclaimed.

so junghwan was an actor? jongseob then proceeded to show eunkyul more commercials with him in it. so he did shoot a few CFs, how interesting.

"can't wait till siyun arrives! i'm going to tell this to him, i can't believe they have so much in common." jongseob bursted out laughing. "i hate them whenever they make use their acting skills. i remember once, in junior high, siyun acted as if he was really mad at me during april fools and i actually fell for it and made a fool of myself apologizing to him! they're so sneaky!"

eunkyul paused. wait, what if... junghwan wasn't actually on byeol's side for real and he was only acting to fool them!? but why would he do that?

she shook away the thought, trying to forget it. she shouldn't keep her hopes up, especially after how he treated yeseo that day. if he really were acting, then couldn't he think of something else instead?

"and well...um, eunkyul?"

eunkyul broke out of her thoughts and made eye contact with jongseob.

"y-yeah?"

"since we're alone, i think this is the perfect time for me to tell you something i've been wanting to say to you for a while now..."