18 | not alone

" i've fallen for you,
i'm in love with you
(i'm going crazy) "

yeseo returned home from mathematics and science extra classes and collapsed on the couch, exhausted

yeseo returned home from mathematics and science extra classes and collapsed on the couch, exhausted. yebin joined her sister on the couch and switched on the television while munching on chips.

"back from school already?" she asked, her teeth crunching on the snack loudly.

"yeah..." she replied softly, too exhausted to even speak in her normal volume. "what's new?"

yeseo lifted her head up and saw that the television was showing a familiar building with the headlines below: seoul's reputable school teumae middle school appoints wife of han holdings' CEO as school president.

"oh my god, cool. your school's new president is actually the han seojin?! damn, sis, she's like the most chic and stylish woman ever! you're so lucky. i should've been born later for this." yebin groaned as they continued to film several parts of the school's facilities. "damn, they upgraded the gym equipment! i swear, your batch is so lucky. when i was still in teumae, we had to freakin' reuse the old equipment our sunbaes used. disgusting!"

but yeseo was too focused on the news report to listen to yebin's incessant  chattering. she watched as a reporter started to speak at the school gate.

"...the teumae corporation has been under fire lately after its founder and chairman of the company, mr jung woo-seon was found to have misused the company's funds for his own personal gains...lead to more claims of his second and current wife, iksan actress oh joo-hyun, had previously married to a deceased alcoholic who was a butcher at a local market. it was later found out that their son, who was a student at teumae middle school, was the chairman's illegitimate son and..."

yeseo furrowed her eyebrows, recalling what had happened earlier on with byeol's mother. why of all people did it have to be related to han byeol?

"so their son dropped out of the school after his dad- i mean, stepdad, resigned from all positions in the company?" yebin repeated.

yeseo nodded her head and took her bag before walking up the stairs, bumping into her mother along the way.

"oh, good you're back! get showered quickly, i just bought you the first and only copy of the past-year examination papers. i had to go through lots of trouble just to get this for you, so please do it well." mrs ha told her before walking off.

she watched her mother whistled merrily as she walked down the stairs and sighed.

"wow, hi mom." she mumbled.