17 | worth

" going crazy, i'm going crazy
going crazy, i'm going crazy for you "

" going crazy, i'm going crazy going crazy, i'm going crazy for you "

yeseo felt her eyes just letting out tears non-stop. she did realize that she was actually leaning on a boy's shoulder and crying her eyes out, but she was too upset to even care about that right now, although deep inside she knew she was going to regret everything later on.

junghwan, on the other hand, was cherishing every second of this. he was never this close to a girl, much less his crush. he felt his cheeks burn as she held him tighter and wept.

"i-i'm so sorry." she apologized profusely, sniffing.

"no-no, it's fine. you've been through a lot, byeol is really out of her mind." he growled in frustration.

as she pulled away from him slowly, junghwan saw that her face still had tears rolling down. gently, he placed his hands on her cheeks and wiped it away, much to her surprise.

feeling a little shy, she looked away and felt her heart beat fast. why was junghwan doing this?

"do you want to head for lunch?" he suggested, feeling his stomach growl.

yeseo shook her head bitterly.

"i'm all alone now. i hurt eunkyul's  feelings and left your group because i was greedy and now that byeol just betrayed me like that..."

junghwan paused before coming up with an idea.

"i could ask eunkyul on your behalf if  she was okay to let you join us again?"

yeseo hesitated before nodding. it was worth a shot. she wasn't sure if this was right, knowing her best friend, she was the type who would take a lot of time to heal from something.

"alright, this is the plan. we'll go get our food first, then after we've found a table to sit, i'll head over to their table and ask her." he explained.

she nodded her head and followed him to the cafeteria, where there was a long queue. the pair groaned, queuing in the cafeteria for food was the worst.

after what seemed like forever, they were finally served. as yeseo placed her food tray in front of the cafeteria lady, the lady's eyes popped wide a little before walking to a different pot and gave her small, cut-up meat slices and some rice and soup.

"what is this?!" he demanded angrily as yeseo stared at her tray.

"i'm sorry, but we were given strict orders not to serve regular dishes to the...quoting the boss: 'those unworthy of teumae'." she scorned at yeseo before turning to the student behind and serving the regular dishes.

junghwan shook his head in disbelief. it must have been byeol's doing. her family had a lot of connections with the company, surely she was involved with this.