15 | truth

" why are you further away from me
when i go closer to you? "

" why are you further away from mewhen i go closer to you? "

the party was going on smoothly. everyone was having an enjoyable time with the food and music, as well as chit-chatting.

everyone soon grew silent as namjoo made his way up to the stage, following the emcee's instructions.

yeseo watched as he took the mic from the emcee and faced the crowd. byeol was beaming with pride, completely unaware of what was going to happen with her relationship with him.

how could this be right? why would namjoo like me when we've never even had much intersection? junghwan glanced at yeseo, who was shifting around uncomfortably.

"are you alright?" he asked in concern.

"y-yeah...it's just that, i find it really uncomfortable that namjoo likes me when i barely even talk to him. it sort of meant that he has been eyeing me in class and all, it's creepy." she told him, shivering a little.

junghwan could only feel relief in him. at least, yeseo wouldn't return her feelings towards namjoo. that bastard didn't deserve her.

"to all distinguished guests and family members, thank you so much for taking your time to come all the way here to celebrate my birthday with me every year. i'm very thankful to every single one of you and of course, i hope that you are enjoying the food and music that we've prepared for everyone."

everyone cheered loudly and applauded for the birthday boy. next, the emcee took the mic back and announced that it was time to sing the birthday song for namjoo.

junghwan cringed. namjoo was really the proudest boy he has ever met. i bet he and his family didn't even have to move a finger to help out with the party preparations.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! happy birthday to namjoo...happy birthday to you!"

the ballroom erupted with confetti bursting out from the top, causing everyone to look up and admire the different colors of confetti fall down.

byeol clapped loudly and got namjoo to cut the cake. namjoo took a knife from a staff and walked over to the tall cake. byeol hurriedly joined him and stood side by side as he cut the cake.

right at that moment when the knife touched the cake, there were many phones chiming. everyone took out their phones and gasped.

serim covered her mouth and lifted her phone in the air.

"yah, what is this?! who sent this?!" she demanded angrily.

the rest of her friends looked around, extremely furious. junghwan stared at the article, his eyebrows furrowed. yeseo turned and looked at him worriedly.

"what's going on?!" byeol demanded as she stepped down the stage, her hands held tightly on her long gown.

her group of friends scurried towards her in a panic and showed her the article. byeol's jaws dropped as she looked around the ballroom.