Eighty-Seven: as gone as they come

Comincia dall'inizio

"I get it, all these coffee addicts looking for their high. Good luck!" Bella laughed and got a smile form him in return.

"Thanks! See you at four." He smiled before turning around and leaving us in silence, well almost because Bells still had something to say.

"I'll be here!" She echoed after him, making him look back at our table, a smirk pasted on his face. Why the fuck did I just set her up to work with him. I could beat myself in the face for that. I shook my head at the sight of Bella smiling to herself. I don't want to act jealous but she's really making it hard not to. "What?" She huffed, turning her gaze towards me, my posture defensive and a little but offended.

"Nothing." I couldn't help but to lightly scoff at the way she huffed at me. I decided not to argue about it because I didn't want to go to class all stressed out over nothing, but Isabella had different plans.

"No come on, spill it! What did I do to make you look at me like that?" She said frowning her brows, probably referring to the slightly annoyed expression on my face. Fine I'm going to class stressed out.

She took a sip from her coffee, holding it with both her hands as she stared out of the window, completely ignoring my presence. "You didn't need to cause a scene like that. I was only trying to help, and you basically attacked me for it." I shrugged my shoulders, suddenly not hungry anymore as my fingers swatted at the bag of muffins.

She scoffed to herself while never taking her eyes of that damn window. As if fucking rain is so fascinating. "You're overreacting Lukas. You should have asked me if I wanted to work here! Maybe I don't like to work in a coffee house!" She pulled up her shoulders, before putting her cup of coffee back on the table with a thud.

I can't believe she's acting this way; everything was fine this morning. She's always saying I'm the champion of mood swings, but she is in a league of her own when it comes to that. "I don't think you're in a position to be picky about jobs." I let out and quickly got an eyeroll in return. "It's either take whatever the fuck you can get or accept my help, but you don't want that." I said, my tone angry and annoyed, and I sure as hell was. She looked down at her hands resting on the table, avoiding making eye contact with me. "Besides, I don't think you fucking mind working with him." I huffed, leaning back in my chair the moment I noticed my anger had sucked me towards her as I was now almost leaning over the table.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She said, clearly offended.

"That you couldn't stop flirting with that guy!" I didn't want to believe that she was, but it was better to address the issue before it really became one.

"I wasn't!" She looked and sounded even more offended now, crossing her arms in front of her chest as she leaned back in her chair. "I don't even know him!" She huffed once more, like being here was now bugging her. What the fuck, you don't know him... You sure know him!

"Don't lie to me!" I boiled over, trying to calm down as a clenched my fists and bit my lip. I need to fucking calm down before I smash something! She's lying straight to my face, now I need her to show me I can trust her. "Don't. Fucking. Lie." I gritted trough my teeth. Instead of telling me the truth, being what I wanted to hear, she just sat there staring out of the window into the rain, not even budging when a thundercloud erupted, and thunder shot through the air outside.

I may have pushed it too far. Overreacting is never a great way of dealing with my emotions but I'm feeling fucking angry. Angry that she was acting nice to him and was pissed at me for helping her. We both sat there, drinking our coffee avoiding each other's gaze, the both of us not even thinking about touching the muffins. What a waste!