Chapter 11

"P-pregnant? H-how does it happen?" interrogated Thana innocently.

"I don't know how it happened. But...I unconsciously fainted this afternoon, and I was brought by Chit, with the help of the students at the clinic. The doctor finds my condition so well, and...the doctor explained that I'm 3 months pregnant." said Nita.

Thana was supposed to interrogate her more but ended up speechless. In his thought, he is supposed to express his disappointment to Nita that even though we're both in love with each other, he will never accept the child. He had encountered the same situation with the past women that he loved and never accepted before Nita came to his heart. Unfortunately, his mind gets opened, and getting convicted of his outcome. Nita begged him to accept what she had now. Suddenly, the thunderstorms unexpectedly roared in the skies as the rain fell. They became wet and they immediately found a place to hide. 

Thana and Nita entered a dark, abandoned hut curiously. It was hard for them to look inside the hut since the entire place was dark and gloomy. Thana tried his best to find a gas torch so that he could light it away. Nita gets chilled and feels cold. She slowly walked a few steps as she carefully sits the chair. Finally, Thana lighted the torch in no time. He sighed exhaustingly after lighting it.

"Thana..." called Nita to him.

"Yes? I'm done lighting the torch. Although it doesn't seem bright at all, it's okay. We can survive ourselves. Don't worry, my love." answered Nita.

Nita felt relieved as to how her boyfriend convinced her and treated her so well. He picked a rugged blanket and covered her to relieve the cold. He also covered himself beside Nita. The torch's heat relieved the cold while the heavy rains continued raining outside.

"Are you feeling well now? Sorry if I'm making your life in trouble like this."

"You don't have to worry about me. It was my own mistake I committed. But, because of your unending care for me, I neither think twice to leave you nor ignore you at all."

"Thank you, my love." thanked Nita.

"Welcome..." replied Thana.

The couple starts to feel hungry and has nothing to eat. Their stomachs started to growl. Nita feels hungry as her stomach growls in no time. Thana gets hungry, too, but he doesn't inform his situation. Suddenly, he noticed a bag of food on the chest. He immediately picked up without hesitation. He opened the bag, and as he opened it, there were fresh fruits inside. He gave one of the fruits to Nita and they ate together.

"You're not feeling hungry anymore, my love, don't you?" said Thana.

"Yes...but it's not enough in our stomachs anymore," replied Nita.

Thana sighed because the fruits they ate weren't enough to reduce their hunger. Even he can't get enough to eat more since they're stuck in the hut. Waiting for the rain to be stopped.

"Don't worry, my love, one day we'll survive on this," assured Thana.

Lately, they hugged each other. Their hearts got beat faster as their hidden passion slowly evaporated on them. Thana looked at Nita's eyes while caressing its cheeks. Nita slowly closed her eyes and slept on her boyfriend's shoulders. Thana tried to call Nita's name, however, Nita was asleep. He was supposed to kiss her on the lips for the second time. A minute later, he falls asleep while hugging her.

In the jail, the vengeful Samut was sitting on the barred window alone; looking at the falling rain outside. He was busy smoking his cigarette. His hair gets jumbled and messy. The other inmates were busy doing their world; like massaging with their co-inmates. One of the inmates called his name and asked if he'd join to play a board game. Samut looked back to the inmate and shook his head.

"Okay, but don't forget that you'll join us in drinking beer." said an inmate.

Samut nodded his head and faked a smile. He still gets exasperated by what he'd done in his crime. He owed himself that he'd get out of prison so that he could take revenge against Thana and Nita.

"What a lame me, boy." he cursed to himself.

Meanwhile, in the house, Pawana was worried about her daughter. Her daughter hasn't come back home from school. She was looking at the opened door seeing the falling rain outside. She almost blames herself for why she didn't take care of and nurture her. She also blamed herself for committing mistakes from the past.

"Nita...my daughter, where are you now?" thought Nita to herself. 

Lately, she has sat on the chair feeling worried continuously.

"Please, please, come back home now. I'm so sorry for what I've done to you. It's just an unintentional slap. My daughter, where are you now? Can you please come back?" mumbled herself.

The rain is still raining, later, the thunderstorms crushed and roared on the gray skies. Pawana immediately covered her ears getting scared while sitting. She gets perspired thinking about her daughter going home. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. Pawana thought that it was her daughter who came home. She directly went to the door and opened it. When she opened the door, it was Mattu – Thana's father.

"Daughter?" asked Pawana in a blue.

"Um...I'm sorry to disturb you, Pawana, but haven't you seen my son? He hasn't gone home right now." answered Mattu.

"Pardon? Why are you asking me about your ruthless son to me? Bring back my daughter, please!"

"Are you blaming me, Pawana?! I never do such a bad thing to your daughter! I'm just asking you where my son is! I'm sure he's now staying in your bad-luck house!" outraged Mattu.

"Hey, are you having a nerve against my house, huh?! Your son is ruining my daughter's future by knowing the fact! The fact that I can't accept!"

Mattu lowered his eyebrows about Pawana's confession.  

"What do you mean 'you can't accept the fact'?" asked Mattu.

"Your son is the father of my daughter's child!" reacted Pawana terribly.