Chapter 10

The next morning, at the school grounds, Nita and Chit were taking their lunch together. Nita thanked Chit for staying a night at her classmate's house after having an argument with her mother. Chit was surprised by Nita's confession that Pawana had already known about her relationship with Thana and she knew that her classmate's relationship was objected to by Pawana. That's why she ran away after being slapped and arguing about her mother's bitter past. While having a conversation, Nita gets stopped. She unexpectedly stopped eating her lunch.

"Ouch...ah..." pained Nita silently.

"Oh...Nita, are you done eating? You haven't finished eating your food and we'll have classes this afternoon--" asked Chit to Nita curiously.

Nita's head starts aching.

"Aw...ah...m-my head hurts, s-stomach..." cried Nita.

"Wait—what?! Stomach? Nita, what's wrong? Are you okay?" asked Chit.

"Uh...I-I'm fine. I'm just—"

Until Nita accidentally vomits her chewed food onto her school uniform skirt.

"Ah!" screamed Chit as she immediately stood up and helped her to clean the vomited skirt with her own handkerchief.

"Nita, are you really okay? Your skirt's dirty now," said Chit.

"Oh my goodness!" shocked Nita.

"If you don't feel well, then, let's go to our school clinic right away to find out your condition," said Chit.

Chit assisted her classmate as they immediately go to the school clinic. Unfortunately, the school nurse is not around and the clinic's closed. She gets worried and crammed about what's going to do. Until such a thing happened, Nita's vision gets dimmed. She becomes weak, and suddenly, gets unconsciously fainted on the dusty ground. Chit looked back at Nita if her classmate was okay. She was terrified about Nita's unconsciousness. She tried to wake her up.

"Nita! Nita, wake up! Nita!" said Chit while waking her up.

She wakes Nita again, but in vain until one group of students noticed Chit and they immediately approach her.

"Chit, pardon, you need help?" asked one of the students.

"Yeah, sure! My classmate and friend, Nita are unconscious. I went here to the school clinic to see the nurse and have a checkup for my friend. But--"

"No need to explain more, Chit! Let's bring her to the small clinic outside. Okay? Come on!" urged the student to Nita.

Chit, together with the group of students, carried Nita right away as they immediately go out to the school gate. The school guard noticed the students and asked where they are going. Without hesitation, the school guard allowed them to go out when one of the students uttered the reason. He added that he will help them to bring her to the clinic.

In the clinic, Nita was in the hospital bed and slept unconsciously. Chit and the students listened to the doctor's explanation about Nita's condition. A few minutes later, Nita slowly opened her eyes and slowly listened to their conversation. Then, the doctor interviewed briefly if Nita is okay since the woman is awake.

"I-I'm okay, doctor. Though, something weird happened to my stomach. That's why I get vomited and haven't finished eating my food."

"Hmm...well, you're fine anyway like what you said. And as I examined your observation since you get vomited this afternoon, I could say that your condition is slowly getting unexpectedly critical..."

"Huh? Doctor, what do you mean by 'critical'? Do I have a gut problem?"

"No, it isn't, Ms. Sasirikorn. Fortunately, I'm going to tell you a piece of good news about your condition. I found out that, when I checked your stomach using ultrasound, you do not have a bad condition at all on your stomach but...congratulations!" said the doctor.

"W-what? Why do you congratulate me?" lowered Nita.

"I'm happy to say that you are now 3 months pregnant." announced the doctor.

Chit and the students were speechless. Nita disagreed with the doctor's assessment. After the explanation, she felt weakened. She couldn't believe she was pregnant unexpectedly, which would present her with a significant obstacle in her own life. She's still too young to become pregnant unexpectedly. Finally, the doctor encouraged her not to be worried and to keep excellent habits for the growth of the kid. Nita replied with a nod as tears streamed down her cheeks."Oh no, Nita...what are you going to do after this?" worried Chit to her.

"No, no, no...I can't believe this is happening to me," Nita cried, dismayed.

"She's pregnant, bro. Maybe you'll be the father of her child. That's big, big news to us!" one of the students joked.

"Shut up, bro! Don't be stupid! I'm just saddened by her unexpected pregnancy, which is why she's worried," irritated the other.

"Would you really confess to Thana that you're pregnant?" Chit inquired.

"I don't think so; I'm just afraid of something he'll do for me," Nita reasoned.

"Nita, I don't think he will do that for you. Thana is your boyfriend, right? Why don't you confess to him about your pregnancy condition? Just the two of you. Without knowing your mother that you're pregnant." said Chit.

"And trust me, Nita. It will be fine. Everything's fine once you confessed to him. I'm your best friend and classmate and I'm still here for you." she added.

Chit recently held Nita securely in order to alleviate Nita's anguish and sadness. The doctor examined them and touched her patient's condition. Later, the doctor suggested to Chit that Nita should go home right away so that she could relax during Nita's pregnancy.

After dusk had cleared, Thana discovered Nita standing alone in the village's banana patch. Then he approached him right away. Chit informed him that Nita wanted to see him. He inquired once more, but Chit reminded her that Nita had not given her a reason. He was slightly perspiring from finding his sweetheart because he was from school.

"Nita?" called Thana.

Nita looked back when she heard Thana's comforting voice.

"T-Thana...you're here," said Nita.

"Nita, what are you doing on the farm alone? It's dusk already. I've been looking for you everywhere in the school. And lately, I knew that you're absent."

Nita nodded her head.

"Now, I'll send you home because it's dim. Okay? I don't want you to be alone—" said Thana to him.

He is supposed to send Nita home, however, Nita starts to ask desperately.

"Do you really love me, Thana?" asked Nita suddenly.

"Huh?" surprised Thana silently.

"Yes, Nita. I really love you. I love you with all the feelings that we've always shown and expressed unconditionally." answered Thana confidently.

"If you truly love me, how much do you love me the most, and are you willing to lend me your ears?" Nita worriedly said, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Yes, Nita. I loved you the most, and my love will never be complete without you even if I face the future challenges that we had in our lives," Thana admitted to her. "And then, I accepted you in my own heart; no matter who you are, and no matter who I am. I will lend my ears to you to the words that you want to say."Nita resumes crying until Thana immediately comforted her in a hug.

"Don't cry. Don't cry my love, okay? Please don't weep. Tell me right now. Tell me now."

"Thana...babe, I'm pregnant," revealed Nita.

Thana was silently shocked.

Phrajan Tem Duang: Samtang Ako May Kinabuhi Pa (พระจันทร์เต็มดวง)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara