Chapter 13

Emotions were running high as Nita and Pawana sat together in the comfort of their home. Nita stopped, gazing into her mother's eyes while her heart ached from fear and remorse.

"Mom, I'm so sorry for everything," Nita uttered in a tremulous murmur. "I never meant for any of this to happen."

With her heart aching for Nita's suffering, Pawana stretched out and gave her a warm embrace. "Oh, my dear Nita, there's nothing to apologize for. None of this is your fault."

With tears running down her cheeks, Nita hid her face in her mother's shoulder. "But I've disappointed you, haven't I? I've ruined everything. I've ruined your promise to--"

With tenderness, Pawana withdrew, her eyes shining with compassion. "No, Nita, you haven't disappointed me even though you broke the promise for me. If anything happens then, I'm proud of the strength and courage you've shown in the face of adversity."

With a look of bewilderment, Nita gazed up at her mother. "But how can you say that, after everything I've done?"

Nita buried her face in her mother's shoulder, tears streaming down her cheeks. "But I've disappointed you, haven't I? I've ruined everything."

Pawana pulled away tenderly, her eyes gleaming with sympathy. "No, Nita, you haven't disappointed me. If anything, I'm proud of the strength and courage you've shown in the face of adversity."

Nita looked up at her mother, a puzzled expression on her face. "But how can you say that, after everything I've done?"

Pawana, with a heavy heart, began to have a heart-to-heart conversation with her daughter about the harsh realities of being a teenage mother. She spoke about the inevitable challenges and sacrifices that Nita would have to make as a result of her situation, including the difficulties of raising a child alone. Pawana offered her daughter a candid glimpse into the struggles that come with parenthood, particularly when starting at such a young age.

With love and assurance in her voice, Pawana replied, "But despite that, Nita, know that you're not alone. I may not have been there for you at first, but now I'm here. And I'll do everything I can to support you and our grandchild."

Nita felt an overwhelming amount of love and gratitude for her mother. "Thank you, Pawana. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Pawana grinned, pride gleaming in her eyes. "You'll never have to find out, my dear. We'll face this journey together, every step of the way."

Mother and daughter felt comfort and strength in each other's arms as they embraced, knowing that no matter what lay ahead, they would face it as a family.

The following morning, while Kunchanita was sitting in Ms. Kittaya's math class and attempting to concentrate on her seatwork, a strong wave of nausea overcame her. Her stomach began to turn, and before she realized it, she was bolting from the classroom, leaving her teacher and classmates in disbelief.

As Kunchanita ran away, Ms. Kittaya's severe glare followed her, her thoughts buzzing with inquiries and worries. She couldn't help but wonder what could have happened to make Kunchanita leave the class so quickly, particularly in a crucial subject like arithmetic.

Back in the classroom, however, rumors and whispers started to circulate among Kunchanita's peers. As they attempted to piece together what had transpired, speculation was running wild. While some muttered about Kunchanita's unexpected illness, others gave each other sly glances that suggested anything more.

As the rumors persisted, Kunchanita struggled to decide whether to confide in Chit, a reliable friend or go to a school counselor for support. She was aware that confiding in Chit would provide her with consolation and support, but she also recognized the value of getting expert advice from a school counselor, particularly in light of her delicate circumstances.