Chapter 3

"What can you say about the poem I've read? And what have you understood about the poem?"

Thana wasn't listening to his teacher's question during his class.

"Umm...the poem is...good. That's all." he answered.

The whole class laughed at his answer when his teacher shook his head and silently disappointed him. Nita joined her classmates laughing because of her crush's short answer. However, Thana feels confident because he doesn't listen to the poem read by their teacher.

"Warning, Singsomboon! Is that your answer to the poem I've read? A very short one!" scolds the teacher to him.

"Uh...that's it, sir. The poem's nice."

"Did you really listen to the poem what I'm reading in front of the class, Naai (Eng. Trans.: Mister) Singsomboon?" added the teacher.

When one of Thana's classmates noticed his classmate's writing on the desk, he immediately reported to the teacher that Thana didn't listen to the poem. He picked up the paper and stood up. The teacher ordered him what's inside of the paper that his classmate wrote. The said paper was written in the Isan language by using Thai script. Lately, he read the written paper.

"I love you, Kunchanita Sasirikorn!" read the classmate aloud.

The whole class wooed and yelled crazily except Thana and Nita. Nita heard her name mentioned in the paper. Chit couldn't stop teasing her classmate by grasping the uniform and pulling her in a silly way. Thana felt guilty but disappointed with his own mistake. The teacher silenced them.

"Silence!" angered the teacher.

"Singsomboon! Remain stand!"

"Sasirikorn, would you please help Singsomboon regarding the question I've asked for the class?" he added.

The whole class makes some noise for them again. The teacher repeated his question for Nita as Nita stood up on her desk chair. Nita tried to answer her teacher's question regarding the poem. The teacher considered her answer; however, the teacher added another question that how she would relate the poem between the two of them until their classmates made some noise again. When Nita heard the teacher's question, she and Thana stared furiously having a fight between the two. Nita tried to answer well-mannerly on how she would relate the poem to the two of them. She really admired him on the inside but not on the outside. A few seconds later, the school bell started ringing.

"Okay, class. We'll continue the oral participation in our Thai language subject next meeting. Class dismissed!" said the teacher to the students.

It's 5 in the afternoon and all the students went home respectively. Some of the students remained in the classrooms to clean since they were assigned as cleaners since the said school don't have a janitor. Before going out, Thana was on her back and saying hello since he finished his Muay Thai training. He saw her in the school grounds.

"Hey! How dare you mentioning my name on your paper?! Then you don't listen to the teacher regarding the lesson to the teacher?! How shameful are you!"

"Shameful? Maybe the two of us are. It was just a sudden mistake that someone's reading my stuff without permission! So, I suppose to throw that away but in vain!"

"Blah-blah! Nonsense! If you did this morning, then, end of the conversation! And besides! Whatever you mention my name anytime; I don't have a single feeling from you! Cause we're really meant for each other!"

"Wow! At least you admit that you have feelings for me! If you like me then I really like you too." laughed Thana boisterously.

Nita gets infuriated again.

"No! No! We're not really meant for each other! Take note of that! WE ARE NOT!"

Thana rolled his eyes and he continued laughing.

"So don't follow me ever again!" angered Nita as she started riding her bicycle slowly.

While riding the bicycle, Nita slowly blossomed herself as if she finished making a scene for her crush.

"Okay! Drama actress! Whatever you supposed that you don't have a feeling for me; my feelings for you will not be gone! No matter what happened, I'm falling in love with you. In short, I love you." confessed Thana to Nita.

"My goodness! How dare he is! He supposed not to tell me that!" thought Nita until she gets infuriated.

"Eeew!! No way!" she added disgustingly.

Thana lowered his eyebrows on Nita's response until he slowly smiled.

"She's in denial on the outside...but she's in love with me on the inside. I newly doubt that she's making a scene from herself." thought Thana.

Nita exits to the school and rode her bicycle moderately. She rode from the school's exit to the middle part of the concrete road. Samut watches her on the window's store while taking in-charge. The evening passed, Nita was in her mother's bedroom and doing her written assignment from a particular subject. She was told by her mother to sleep in her room just for a moment after feeling the sadness on her heart. Lately, she agrees with her.

The following week passed, Thana and the Muay Thai team bids goodbye to the students because they will go to the city stadium of Khon Kaen for the said competition. Before leaving the village, some students gave him encouragement before the big competition happened. Lately, Chit looked at the window noticing that Thana will leave in the classroom.

"Chit!" called Nita.

"Yep! I'm here seeking at the window," said Chit.

"What are you seeking there? You suppose to help me clean the floor before the class."

"Yeah, but I saw Thana outside together with the Muay Thai team. As far as what I've asked our classmates, he and the team will go to the city stadium for the Muay Thai competition. He won the competition last time, right?"

"Okay, then good. I'll just...give good luck to him. Hopefully, he'll win the fight." said Nita.

"Nah! Good luck is not enough, Nita, but should be 'Buddha Bless You'! For once he'll win the competition, then, he might propose you as his girlfriend."

Nita felt annoyed on her classmate's tease and she objected furiously.

"Eeww! Come on! I'll help you clean the floor now!" angered Nita.

Chit finished seeking on the window as she was helped by Nita to clean the floor. A few seconds later, one of their classmates entered the classroom and he approaches Nita immediately. Nita asked something curiously.

"Nita, Thana newly called me before they leave. And he's just leaving you a word for you."

Nita raised an eyebrow as she started crossing her both arms.

"What's that all about?" asked Nita seriously.

"Once he'll win the competition when he goes back, he will immediately give you a bouquet of flowers and a jasmine garland! Begging to be his girlfriend!"

"What?! NO!" angered Nita until her classmates wooed to her crazily.