𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘩

friday
4pm

I place the books on the table and scan them, letting the lady in front of me know the total once I'm done.

The afternoon has been pretty slow, with little to none costumer coming in for many minutes to almost an hour. Lisa has been focussed on studying for a test and I'm here, finishing this purchase.

"Thank you for coming and check back often." I smile and the woman pick the bag filled with books, leaving after.

"This afternoon has been so slow, I can't wait to go home." Lisa grumbles.

"It really has been and with such good weather outside I just want to go to Central Park and enjoy the sun."

"That would be amazing now!" Lisa agrees and I sigh, it would be perfect.

I go back to organizing books, while the 17 year old girl stays at the counter. I walk from hall to hall, placing the books on the shelf they should be. Tomorrow makes a week since we were at Luke's and since I introduced Thomas to the group. I'm not going to lie, I haven't seen Thomas since then. Being in the same room with Ashton since her introduced his girlfriend, even if I was with Thomas, made me think. The looks we exchanged, the emotions I saw on his perfect hazel eyes, what I felt in all those moments just made me think during this week, Sky's and Calum's words always on my mind too.

The rest of the afternoon went by as slow as the movement in the store. Lisa focused on her books and I only helped three people total, organizing books and some papers more.

"Lisa I'm going, your mom is okay with you being here alone until she arrives?" I ask when I get out of the staff room.

"She said that she's 2 minutes away so i think you can go, no problem." She answers.

"If it's 2 minutes then I wait with you, I don't have anything important to do now so, I can stay."

We start talking and a couple of minutes after the brunette middle aged woman enters the closed store. I say goodbye and leave the library, walking home. The spring night showed how the days are getting bigger as the faint orange of the sunset is still visible on the darkening sky. In a few minutes I'm in front of the white building I call home. I get into the elevator, pressing the 3rd floor button, and wait until I've arrived to my floor.

I enter the apartment to The 1975 blasting through the living room speakers. Skylar danced around the room singing her heart out to The Sound. I close the door, not getting her out of her little world, and remove my coat, joining her to dancing around the room and singing.

"Well I know when you're around 'cause I know the sound" I sing and Sky looks at me "I know the sound, of your heart!" We continue dancing and singing for a while, throwing ourselves to the couch once we are too tired to continue.

"I love them so much!" I exclaim while Milk plays in the background.

"Me too, Thena! We have to go to a concert of them when they go on tour!" Sky exclaims too.

"Omg yes! We have to do that!" I agree.

We talk a little about our day and how Calum says he's preparing a surprise for Sky but it's taking way too long. We have been in silence for a few seconds when I remember that I need to talk to her about what has been stuck in my head this week.