Chapter Two

Ophelia sat awkwardly on the couch, watching as Alex paced around infront of her with a unreadable expression. He didn't know how to react and she didn't know what to say, "Can you just say something?"

"So are you like... back now?" Alex asked as he stopped infront of her, causing the girl to stand up as well. She took a step back and eyed him slightly, he grew taller over the last ten months.

"Yeah, for good. Well I think, i've got a court date with my Dad but chances are looking really good." Ophelia spoke softly toward him, still not knowing what to say.

"Yeah well we all thought you were here forever last time and then you left for ten months." Alex snapped at her as Ophelia sighed and looked away for a second.

"I know you're upset and mad at me but you don't understand, Alex. She's my Mom, what was I supposed to do?" Ophelia asked him, getting angrier by the second.

"Stay. Why would you want to go back to her when people loved you here, when your Dad loved you here, what I loved you here?" Alex asked her, his voice louder than usual to show his annoyance.

"Loved?" Ophelia asked with a hurt look, the past tense word hitting her harder then expected.

"What did you expect, Ophie? I didn't think you where coming back! No one did." Alex said to her as he waved his arms around, something he always did when he was annoyed or angry.

"I love you." Ophelia said as she grabbed his arms, watching as he looked away from her.

"You can't just show up almost a year later and expect us to be us again." Alex said to her softly, looking down at her with a much softer look.

"I know that, and i'm sorry. It was just easier to stay away, but you're right... I should have just stayed here where people actually cared about me." Ophelia said as she let his arms go, not bothering to call him out how he reached for her the second she let him go, but once he realized what he was doing, he pulled his arms back down.

"I'm sorry about your Mom, you don't deserve that." Alex said as he was the one to wrap his arms around her this time, pulling her into a hug that they both thought about every day they were apart.

"I just hope she's having fun in Narnia or Transylvania or whatever." Ophelia said, making Alex laugh at her. His laugher sent a vibration through his chest, bouncing into her ears as she smiled at the feeling.

"I'm glad you're home." Alex spoke again a few seconds later before the sound of a curtain was heard. Lydia, Elena, and Penelope all standing behind it and stumbling out the second it opened.

"Papito, have you and the white child connected again?" Lydia asked hopefully as she walked toward the two.

"Yeah let's not talk about them connecting." Penelope said with a shake of her head.

"Yeah, have you guys connected again? Is Alexphia a thing again?" Elena asked hopefully with a goofy smile before a knock was at the door, Penelope opening it immediately considering how close she was.

"Sorry to intrude but I forgot to give Alex his jacket back." a pretty girl said as she walked into the apartment, walking toward Alex with the coat in her hands.