Chapter Ten

"Miss anything?" Schneider asked as he hurried back to the table.

"Oh we were talking about the wedding." Victor nodded his head.

"I'm available. Unless it's at the end of September, and i'm not available early spring. Oh and i'd love to keep my summer open. Why don't I just send you some dates?" the blue eyed man asked as he adjusted his suit and sat down. Ophelia rolled her eyes playfully as she took another roll from the middle of the table.

"Alex, Elena? Can I count on you two being there?" Victor asked as he looked toward his two kids hopefully.

"Papi, i'll come to all your weddings if you come to all of mine." Alex reassured him as Ophelia raised a eyebrows and turned to his slowly.

"I'm only saying that because I know you'll divorce me so many times, of course we're gonna get married more then once." Alex reassured her while quickly putting a arm around her chair.

"That's true, i'm tempted to divorce you right now." Ophelia nodded her head as she leaned into him more.

"Elena?" Victor questioned as he looked to his daughter who was messing with the friendship necklace around her neck nervously.

"I wanna lay down some ground rules. I'm not gonna hide the fact that i'm gay. And i'm definitely going to wear my white suit." Elena spoke powerfully toward her father as Ophelia smiled at her words, taking her hand under the table.

"No, absolutely not." Victor shook his head while taking his drink.

"I knew it, this is all a show but you are never gonna be okay with who I am." Elena scoffed as she leaned back in her chair annoyed.

"Elena, you can't wear the white suit because you need to wear a tuxedo." Victor said with a point of his finger. Ophelia blinked in surprise as a small smile spread across her face, glancing to Alex, who smiled back at her.

"What?" Elena asked confused.

"I want you and Alex to be my best man and my best woman. Best people." Victor informed her with a half smile, Alex beamed as he looked toward his sister, who still held a shocked expression.

"I mean, if Elenas cool with it." Alex said with a shrug but his face read nothing but excitement.

"I mean, you really want me to be your best woman?" she asked with a small smile as she leaned forward some. Victor nodded his head, tears in his eyes but he hid them.

"I would love that. Yes." Elena laughed as she smiled widely.

"This is so sweet. Nepotism." Schneider explained with a shrug of his shoulders.

"I'm sorry I was so hard on you, dude. I hope you invite me to your wedding." Ophelia said with a soft smiled toward Victor.

"I could see why you were, you care about them... i'm thankful they have you. You're welcome to the wedding and anything else, Ophelia." Victor said to her with a nod of his head as she smiled widely and squeezed Alex's hand tighter.

"Victor, what a lovely gesture." Lydia said as she patted the mans back.

"Thank you. Thank you, Lydia. I'm really happy with my life now. Turns out this whole not drinking thing is good for me." Victor said with a chuckle.