Chapter Nine

"I'm here! I'm here and i'm ready to swing hands at the man who walked out on my best friend at her quince!" Ophelia announced loudly as she flew into the Alvarez's apartment.

"Ah, how many times have I told you Ophie? There will be no swinging at anyone but the new girlfriend." Penelope asked as Ophelia nodded quickly.

"Right, right, I forget." Ophelia waved her off while taking off the earrings and passing them to Alex.

"He's gonna love you, Oph." Alex said with a smile as he took her hand.

"Well that won't be a surprise, everyone loves me." Ophelia said with a shrug while crossing her legs.

"I cleaned under the sink so Papi's girlfriend will be impressed if she decided to steal a tampon." Elena said as she walked out from the hallway with her cleaning supplies.

"So, what is the deal with your Papi? I'm here for you, mija. White Child and I can go from zero to flipping this table." Lydia said as she pointed toward the smaller teen on the couch.

"And also flipping-" Ophelia began as she rose both hand hands.

"Hair! Flipping hair." Alex said as he grabbed her hands to stop her.

"I'm a little nervous to see him, but he says he sober, and he says he's okay with me being gay now. You just never know with him so both of you keep one hand under the table just incase." Elena nodded as she looked between the two, Ophelia flashed a thumbs up as she leaned backwards into Alex.

"Am I the first girlfriend your Papi's gonna meet?" the girl asked as she looked up at him.

"You wish." Alex said with a laugh as Ophelia rolled her eyes as he pressed a kiss to the crown of her head. The knocking at the door made the two stand up quickly as Alex threw the un matching pillow into the closet.

"All right, here we go. Okay everybody, lets all be nice to the Instagram model we'll probably never see again." Penelope announced as she hurried to the door. Alex opened it first, smiling up at the man. The two gushed and they hugged him, greeting him in their own way.

"Wow! Looking good, Lupe." Victor said as he looked to Penelope.

"That's right, she does look good. Better than any Instagram model to ever step foot in a face tune app." Ophelia jumped in as she threw a arm around a disappointed Penelope.

"Oh, hello. Who's this?" Victor asked with a akward laugh.

"I'm Ophelia, Alex's girlfriend, Elenas best friend, Lydias cover, and Penelopes wing woman." Ophelia said as she gave him a tough look while crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh? Girlfriend you say?" Victor asked as he looked back at Alex, who slowly pulled Ophelia away from his Mom.

"Girlfriend." Alex nodded in confirmation while putting a arm around her, giving his Dad a apologizing look at her outburst.

"Ugly pillow in the closet?" Victor asked as he noticed the familiar one no longer there.

"You know it." Penelope nodded with a grin.

"So you look good too. So where's, baby? I mean, Blondie. I mean your girlfriend?" Penelope asked as Victor laughed at her slightly.

"Hey." a clam voice said as a woman walked in. Ophelia took a double take at the sight, finding the woman looked nearly identical to Penelope.

"Oh man, oh man, Wing Woman abort." Ophelia said as she took off out the door and back to her apartment.

"Ophelia, hey what are you doing here?" Alex asked later on that night as Ophelia walked toward the table.

"My Father and your Abuelita made me come, it's better if you don't ask." Ophelia said as she sat down next to him.

"Wait, Schneider is your Dad?" Victor asked confused as Ophelia sighed.

"Yes he's my Dad, yes I just found him a few months ago, yes I am nearly as blind as him, and no i'm not a pregnant run away in search of money." Ophelia said as Victor opened his mouth to say something, shutting it again and shaking his head.

"Look who I found. She's my plus one, hope that's okay." Schneider said as he walked back over with Lydia by his side.

"Yeah, sure. Wouldn't be a dad-chalor party without my ex-wife's mother and my sons girlfriend, who's also my ex-wife's wing woman." Victor said with a small sarcastic smile.

"Hey, you're getting the hang of it." Ophelia nodded with a grin his way.

"Why are you wear, vag?" Lydia asked as she read Elenas hate.

"Icon lesbian." Ophelia mumbled throwing a cough Victors way.

"Oh, Victor Alvarez Guapísimo." Lydia spoke with a nod before sitting down.

"I know this is all happening really quick, so I wanted to talk to you guys." Victor said as he looked toward his two kids, dropping the news on his engagement earlier in the day.

"Oh. Yes, tell us." Lydia nodded.

"I'm all ears." Ophelia spoke while accident stabbing herself in the eye with her straw.

"Oh yeah, lets crack that egg open and get right to the yoke." Schneider nodded along side the two while sipping his drink.

"Well uh, I was thinking it would be just me and the kids but um... okay. Well, I know this seems fast but Nichole is a really great person and I would love it if you guys got to know her so I was hoping you guys would spend some time with us this week." Victor began as he focused on Alex and Elena, Alex gripped Ophelias hand before he spoke up.

"Papi before I answer, I need to know something. Does your hotel have a pool?" Alex asked, Elena and Ophelia both sighing after thinking he was about to make it sentimental.

"Yes." Victor answered with a laugh.

"Then i'm in." Alex nodded as Elena sighed yet again while Ophelia gave Alex's back a small rub as he looked to her with soft eyes.

"So, Nichole is from Portland huh? Ophies from there and she says they have a huge LGBTQ+ community." Elena said as she leaned on the table some to look at her father.

"Oh, yeah, they have like a parade every week." he answered with a scoff as Ophelia raised both her hands up before Alex stopped her quickly.

"Oh, is that a bad thing?" Elena asked him as her nostrils flared.

"No. No, I- well when i'm trying to get to work it is but, well, that would be true if a straight parade too. I'm anti parade." Victor quickly saved himself with a nod.

"Quick save, got it." Ophelia nodded as she pulled the pen from her bra and wrote it down on the napkin.

"Anyways, Nicholes sister, Mia, she goes to them all the time." Victor added in with a nod of his head.

"Oh, so you're cool with her? Did you go to her quince?" Elena asked bitterly as Ophelia and Alex shared a look.

"Why don't you fill this akward moment to re-fill my rum and coke?" Lydia asked Victor as she held up her empty glass.

"It is weaker than a woman who claims childbirth is painful." Lydia added in as Ophelias jaw dropped at her words.

"I gotta go to the bathroom, if there's gonna be a big dramatic scene, wait till I get back." Schneider said as he stood up and ran off.

"Yeah I gotta, refill my.. water and water." Ophelia mocked Lydia as she held up her empty glass and walked off as well.

ophelia is the best friend to walk the planet, you can't change my mind.