Chapter Five

"What do you need?" Ophelia asked as she slammed the pulled the door open after getting the text from Penelope that it was urgent.

"For the love of god, kick my sons ass." she said while motioned toward Alex, who was on the couch.

"You called, Ophie? You know how sh-" Alex began before Ophelia let out a battle cry and attacked him to the ground.

"Ophelia! Get off!" Alex said as she managed to pin his arms down.

"Not until your Mom says to stop. Wait, why am I beating him up again?" Ophelia asked as she sat still and looked to Penelope.

"Smoking weed." she explained as Ophelia frowned her eyebrows.

"It's legal here though." she said as the smaller woman gave her a look.

"He's fifteen!" she explained as Ophelia crawled off of Alex and helped him stand up.

"You're grounded, go on." the smaller girl said as she waved Alex off, who pouted but when to his room.

"Why'd you stop? You didn't even do the chop method we practiced." Penelope said as Ophelia laughed slightly.

"Pen, I love you so much and I think you're a amazing Mom. But Alex is still learning and exploring thing, it's what we do. I've tried it too, I didn't have anyone to tell me it was wrong like he does. I can't beat him up for being a teenager." Ophelia said as she grabbed the woman's hands and pulled her on the couch with her.

"I know, I know. But I don't want him getting addicted to that stuff." she explained as Ophelia nodded.

"We neither. I adore Alex and I don't want to see this stuff change his life, which is why you need to talk to him about it. Or I can if you want me too." Ophelia said as Penelope nodded her head with a squeeze to her hand.

"Maybe he'll listen better with you, he's very found over you. But so am I, you're a good kid Ophelia." Penelope said as Ophelia smiled as they hugged.

"I'll go talk to him." Ophelia said as she stood up.

"Wait, you said he's exploring things. What else is he exploring?" the middle aged woman asked as Ophelias eyes widened.

"On second thought, I just remembered I have to go feed my goldfish before he dies." Ophelia said with a small laugh as she took off out the door quickly.

Later on that night, Ophelia used her key to get into the Alvarez's apartment. She was thankful Penelope wasn't up studying again as she crept down the hallway, sneaking into Alex's room and shaking him slightly.

"Alex, are you awake?" she asked him as he slapped at her hands and grumbled, making Ophelia laugh and lay down next to him.

"I'm not mad, but you're not gonna do it again are you?" Ophelia asked as she rubbed small circles on his back.

"No, I had a talk with my Mom." Alex said as Ophelia laughed slightly.

"So did I, she just cares about you." the girl said as she threw a leg over his.

"I know, i'm sorry for getting you involved." Alex said as he tried to look at her over his shoulder.

"You didn't, don't worry. Your Mom said you were grounded, which means I can't come over." Ophelia said as Alex shook his head and turned over to face her.

"You don't count, she likes you too much." Alex said as Ophelia laughed slightly and nudged his leg with her foot.

"And so do I." Alex said as Ophelia blinked.

"You like me too much, too?" the girl asked with a small laugh as Alex nodded with a half smile.

"Well, I like you too much too." Ophelia said as Alex gave her a small laugh and pressed a kiss to her forehead before they fell back asleep.

this is such a short chapter but definitely their softest chapter yet!