Chapter Ten (Final Chapter)

Author's Note: Hi, everyone! I hope you're all safe and healthy! I am so sorry that it's taken me so long to update; life got in the way along with a new story, I know I shouldn't have started till I finished this. This will be the last chapter of this story unless I decide to do an Epilogue chapter in the future. Thank you to everyone for the reviews and support! I can not tell you how much they have meant. I know everyone didn't like this story, but for those of you who have read and followed it to the end, I am SCREAMING thank you! Enjoy and please stay safe everyone!

WARNING: There will be a scene where a rape will try to take place. If that is hard for anyone to read please don't. Nothing too graphic is mentioned.

*This was so hard for me to write! I am so, so sorry if it's horrible. Lol.

Chapter Ten (Final Chapter)

Hailey stared Derrick in the eye and felt her heart start to race before she screamed at him. "Why are you sorry, Derrick!? What did you do!? Derrick!?"

Derrick stood there silent as an oak tree in a forest.

"Let's go, Derrick. We need to come up with a plan before we move her." Yelled Ryan as he walked out of the room and was quickly followed by Derrick.

"No," Whispered Hailey as she watched them walk out of the cold, dark room and slam the door shut. The sound of a lock coming into place and retreating footsteps was all Hailey could hear as she stared at the closed door.

She wiggled the chains around her legs trying to break them free, but they stayed in place, unbroken. She gently sat up against the wall and winced in pain as her head started to throb.

Minutes, hours, and days passed by before the pain started to go away and get worse at the same time.

There was literally no way out of this room. It looked like it used to be a big, old walk-in freezer. Hailey was sure there was a lock on the outside because every time Ryan or Derrick would attempt to come in, they would spend at least twenty seconds outside the door fiddling with chains and locks.

They hadn't told her why she was there. Every time one of them came into the room, Hailey would try to talk to them or get one of them to look at her but they wouldn't. They completely ignored her unless she told them she had to use the bathroom, then one of them would unchain her and blindfold her then walk her to the bathroom and watch her the whole time.

Hailey tried to count the number of steps every time they walked her to the bathroom, but it was hard to keep track because every time they took her the walks would get shorter or longer. Hailey figured that was because they were using different bathrooms to try and confuse her.

The room they kept her in had no windows, so Hailey wasn't sure whether it was day or night. She figured she'd been there five days though because she had counted at least five different outfit changes from both Derrick and Ryan.

Ryan? Hailey still couldn't figure out how he was involved. How did he and Derrick know each other? The last time she saw Ryan was that day in the park when he thought she was standing him up. Funny enough though, Derrick showed up on her doorstep the night before that. Were they working together this whole time?

"No," Whispered Hailey as she shook her head and rubbed her sore, chained ankle. Her ankles were blood-red from the chains constantly rubbing against them; that they ached the whole time Hailey would try to close her eyes and get some sleep.

Hailey thought a lot about Chicago and Jay. What if she had listened to Jay and not come? Would she be here? Would Derrick still be around?

Hailey felt a single tear slide down her cheek and give her face a salty kiss. She honestly didn't know how she was going to get out of this. Derrick and Ryan both knew what they were doing, and they knew everything about her; how she thought, what she would look for, everything. They were both far too careful to leave any mistakes.