Chapter Six

Author's Note: Hello, everyone! I am so, so sorry that it has taken me so long to update this story. To be honest, I kinda felt like I lost all the momentum I had going for this story, but hopefully, now I have gained it back. Lol. Also, I have decided that this story will not be long at all, and will probably be ending here in a few chapters. Not sure about the number of chapters yet, but don't worry I won't leave you all hanging. This chapter is a little longer than the rest and it's packed full of info you all have been dying for! Enjoy!

WARNING: Slight mention of child sex trafficking, nothing too graphic. No details are given.

Chapter Six

"Here," Said a curt Jay as he handed Hailey a coffee as she got out of the car. "I figured you would need it after the night you had."

Hailey got out of her car and frowned at Jay's attitude. 'He never acts like this.'

"Thanks." Whispered Hailey as she wrapped her jacket around her and followed Jay over to the rest of the team.

"Yep." Called out Jay as he walked on and only lifted the yellow tape for himself.

Hailey looked her partner up and down trying to figure out why he was so moody this morning.

"Nice of you two to join us." Commented Voight as he saw Hailey and Jay come into view.

Hailey nodded, "Sorry. What have we got?"

"Allie Parker, twenty-six. She was found here early this morning, looks like a possible overdose, but the security camera caught her being thrown out of a van last night that we believe belongs to one of the well-known drug lords in this area." Said Kim as she went to stand next to Adam.

Voight shook his head at the sight in front of him and let out a small cough before he started placing orders on what he wanted done, "Okay, Burgess and Atwater, I want you all to get a copy of those cameras and see what you can find out about the van that dropped her off. Ruzek, you help Rojas talk to the people around here and see if they knew our vic or saw anything last night. Upton and Halstead, I want you all to talk to Allie's parents. See if they can tell us anything about Allie's past."

Everyone nodded and said their goodbyes before they went on their way to complete their tasks.

"Do you wanna drive or do you want me..."

Jay interrupted Hailey and walked off before she could finish, "I'll drive. Let's go."

"Okay, then." Whispered Hailey as she watched Jay walk off and leave her right where she stood.

The ride to their victim's parents' home was filled with complete silence. Neither Hailey or Jay said a word to each other. Both felt so uncomfortable you would think they had just met for the first time.

Talking to the parents and telling them that their daughter was dead was definitely hard for Hailey. She had never seen a grown man cry the way their victim's dad did. Apparently, the patrol officers that were supposed to come and inform them, never did. So Hailey and Jay had to be the ones to break it to this old loving couple that their only beloved daughter was found dead alone in an alley.

"Again, we're so sorry for your loss." Said Jay as he and Hailey both walked out of the door and made their way to his truck.

Hailey got in the passenger side, sat down, and let out the biggest sigh causing Jay to look over at her with worried eyes as he started the truck and let it warm up.

"You alright?" He asked, looking at her and trying to keep his tone neutral.

"Yeah, I guess. That just never gets easy, you know?" She said, shrugging as she buckled her seatbelt.