Chapter Nine

Author's Note: Happy Easter! I hope you all have a great day. Thanks to everyone who continues to review, comment, and vote on every chapter! Stay safe! Thanks for reading! Enjoy!

Chapter Nine

All Hailey could remember when she opened her eyes and gazed around the extremely white hospital room was the sound of a truck, Derrick screaming her name, and feeling herself literally fly through the air.

"Ow," Groaned Hailey as she slowly sat up in the bed and gently patted the bump on her head. "Hello," She called, praying that someone would suddenly appear. But no one did.

She was already growing tired from the effort it took to open her eyes, so she put her head back on the pillow and sighed. She wasn't quite sure where she was, everything at the moment seemed pretty foggy.

Time seemed to be ticking so slow from the time she opened her eyes to now.

"Hey," Whispered the voice Hailey had been praying to hear since her plane took off weeks ago.

Hailey whipped her head up and almost jumped off the bed at hearing the monitor attached to her beep at heart sudden heart rate increase.

"Jay," Gasped Hailey, not believing what she was seeing or hearing in front of her.

Jay smiled and came to sit on the side of Hailey's bed beside her legs, "Yeah, Hails. It's me."

"How are you...here? How did you know where I was?"

Jay shook his head and placed his warm hand on Hailey's leg, "That doesn't matter right now, Hails. All that matters is that you're okay and we're here together.

Hailey nodded and took a big deep breath, still trying to grasp the fact that he was here with her and not in Chicago.

They sat there just staring and smiling at each other for about a minute before Hailey felt a sudden stabbing pain in her head. "Ouch," She called out, quickly catching Jay's attention.

"Hails, maybe you need to rest some more."

Hailey slowly nodded and slid back down on her bed. She was just about to close her eyes, but before she did she opened them and quickly caught Jay's hand in hers.

"Promise, you'll be here when I open my eyes."

Jay smiled and gently brought her hand up to his lips to give it a peck, "I promise."

Hailey smiled and closed her eyes. It all felt so real until she felt that stabbing pain in her head again. This time, though, when she opened her eyes there was no white hospital room. It was all back and dark and she was laying on the floor.

"Hey, you're awake." Grinned Derrick as he knelt down by Hailey on the floor and started to look at the cuts in her face.

"Where am I?" Grogged out Hailey as she tried to sit up and get a better look at her surroundings.

Derrick roughly pushed Hailey back down on the floor which made her grunt in pain.

"What are you doing? Why are we here? Where's Jay? What have you done to Jay?"

Derrick stopped looking at her cuts and brought his eyes up to meet hers, "Hailey, Jay was never here. You told me you haven't spoken to him since we left Chicago; you must have been dreaming about him."

Hailey's eyes widened at hearing that. "No! No! He was here! He touched me; I felt him. He was here."

Derrick sadly shook his head at her. "Sorry, Hails."

Hailey felt so bad at the moment all she wanted to do was cry. "Where are we?" She finally sobbed out, her voice was shaking so bad she didn't think she could make it through a single sentence without a tear.

"Umm..you don't look too beat up, Hails. I would say the goose egg on your head is going to hurt like hell for a while but other than that just looks like a couple of ad cuts and cruises."

Hailey knew something was wrong because the whole time Derrick was talking to her and looking her over he would not meet her eyes for anything.

"Hailey, I'm so sorry. I should have never..."

"Derrick!" Interrupted Hailey at the top of her lungs. "Where are we!"

Derrick didn't say anything he just sat there like he was a kid being caught doing something he shouldn't be doing.

"Is she finally up?" Asked someone who slinked into the room but was completely hidden in the dark.

"Yeah...she's up." Replied Derrick in a shaky voice as he got up off the floor and made his way over to the hidden man.

"Who are you?" Yelled Hailey as she tried to get a glance at the man.

"Oh, don't tell me that you've already forgotten who I am, Hailey Upton."

Hailey gasped as he saw the man step out of the shadows. It was Ryan! Ryan, the guy she was supposed to be going out with and dating when Derrick came into the picture.

"Ryan? What are you doing here?"

Ryan laughed and patted Derrick on the back before he went and stood in front of Hailey. "Nice to see you too, Hailey. What has it been? A few weeks?"

"Oh my God, what are you doing here?" Hailey tried to get up and move but she noticed for the first time being awake that there were chains around her feet. "Get me out of here!" Screamed Hailey as she moved her legs back and forth trying to free herself.

Ryan smirked and walked back over to where Derrick stood frozen, "Hailey, I hate to tell you this but you're not going anywhere."

Hailey felt her stomach drop at his revolting comment. "You can't do this to me! Derrick, get me out of here!"

"Oh, you didn't think your little friend, Derrick, here really came back to go and save the world with you, did you?"

Hailey looked at Derrick and saw the terror on his face at being sold out by Ryan.

"Derrick, look at me!" Ordered Hailey still struggling to free her feet from the chains.

Derrick slowly lifted his head, "I'm sorry, Hails."

Sorry, I had to leave it there. I was really struggling with this chapter, guys. I'll try my best to get another one out for y'all soon.

Happy Easter!