Chapter 28 - All At Once

Start from the beginning

A broom.

Another thing I recognize;

A rope.

The third thing I finally make out what it is.

A knife.

"You see, I told your mother that I was going to make you just like her. I was going to do the same to you. But I've changed my mind. You know why?" He sneers.

I still cannot move. I'm frozen.

"You way to ugly of a little girl to even take advantage of! You're just way to ugly and little, just like a freaking little girl! Your a real idiot that cannot do anything! Can't even walk! Why should I waste my time abusing a lying, cheating, ugly girl like you?!" He spits in my face holding me by my neck then throwing me down on the floor.

"You see this?!" He raises the broom. "Next time, I won't be this nice." He puts it back behind the stairs with the rope then puts his knife back in this belt.

Then he bends down and takes off my handcuffs. He takes the handcuffs and puts one around my left ankle. He holds the other one and begins to walk, dragging me behind.

The pain of my leg being pulled is too much; I close my eyes tightly and try to block it out, hoping to stay awake.

After a while, he opens a door and keeps walking, letting it hit my head as he goes.

I hear gasps and yelling as he walks. Some of the voices scream to stop, others plead, some are just to stunned to speak. I finally gain the courage to look around. I don't recognize any of these people. But somehow, they recognize me.

A tear escapes my eyes but I remain quiet. Crying out may piss off David, and I don't need that right now.

He opens the door at the end of that hallway leading to another hallway of people in cells that I don't know.

He opens another door, and another, until I've lost track.

I close my eyes and try to tune out everything from the ringing in my ears to the gasps and pleads from complete strangers. I don't want to know how many people he has in this hell hole. It's way to big of a number.

I only open my eyes when I recognize some voices;

Tori.

Uriah.

Marlene.

Will.

I see that Lynn is on the ground in pain. It looks like she was shot in the hip.

"Oh my god. Tris!" Tori yells

"What the hell did she ever do do you?!" Uriah screams at David.

Marlene stretches her arm through the bars as much as she can and touches my arm.

Such a light, friendly gesture makes me flinch from how bruised I am.

I turn and smile a weak smile at her as a way of thanks even though it caused me pain.

He continues to drag me after standing there for a little while. My head hits the door yet again and now in I'm my family's hallway.

"What the hell did you do to my sister?!" Caleb's voice.

I hear my cell unlocking.

I hear my mothers sobs.

I'm thrown into my cell; crying out when I hit the floor.

He takes a different cuff and puts it around my ankle then attaches it to something.

Cara starts yelling, "Why?!? What did she ever do to you? You are a--"

I hear a gun click and I stand up holding onto the bars for support.

He has a gun pointed at Cara.

"No!" I scream. "Don't shoot! Shoot me!"

"No, Tris!" She screams at me.

David points the gun at me.

"One. For the girl." He shoots me in the backside of my left leg.

"Two. For being stupid and speaking up when you shouldn't have." He shoots dead center in my calf.

I refuse to scream. That would be a signal that he's won. And he hasn't.

I hear Cara's screams for David to stop.

"Three. For the baby. And how you three should be dead."

He shoots it right in my ankle bone. The little ligament in between your foot and ankle actually.

My heart is pounding, leg bleeding erratically, I'm dizzier than I was before. I see my vision go dark at the edges, and I see David leave the room.

That's when I hit the floor.

That's at the same time that I see my mother scream holding her stomach with a wet circle growing around her.

Why does everything always happen

All at once?

A/N-

Hi humans!

2k reads!!

Happy Saturday! I'll hopefully update later today or tomorrow!

I'm off to the grocery store and then to Christmas shop with my older sister and father for my mother.

Until next time!

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

VOTE!

AND

COMMENT!

AND

BE BRAVE <4