Chapter 4: Entrance Orientation

Comenzar desde el principio

On the way there, I glance at my sides, taking in what sort of sights I'll be seeing in the future. I don't pick up much as what I'm mostly just staring at is the back of peoples' heads. I do see some faces though. A messy haired kid trips on his own foot and nearly face plants into the concrete if it wasn't for a girl a little shorter than him, who touched his shoulder and made him suddenly float slightly over the pavement. I look at my other side. A group of boys are chatting under a tree before they go in. Hang on, does that guy have a bird head? Eh.

Finally, I arrive in the building and follow the flashy signs to the auditorium. I trudge trough the aisles of chairs until coming to a row on the far left section and find my assigned seat. I bring down the theater chair down and plop my butt down.

The room is absolutely huge and loud from the many, many other students in there. Trying to mind my own business, I pull out my phone and begin staring at Tojuta's contact, waiting for him expectantly back out and miss the exam.

"ARE WE GONNA ACE THIS!?!" A girl with brown and green hair in front of me suddenly twirls on her knees on her chair and excitedly yells. Completely surprised at this, I look up from under my hood and at the cheery girl.

"Huh?" Why is she talking to me? I don't know her. Why me and not the other thousand of people around her?

"YOU WANNA BE STRONG, YEAH??"

I make sure she's looking at me specifically by glancing to the side. "Uh.. I guess..."

"THEN NO WONDER YOU'RE GOIN' FOR THE BIG LEAGUES! YOU WANNA BE STRONG, AND TO DO THAT YOU GOTTA TAKE U.A., AND TO DO THAT, YOU NEED TO ACE THIS TEST!! SO ARE YOU GONNA!?!"

I jump back a bit from her and nervously stare at her. "Sure. Yeah."

"THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR!!" She then stands on her seat and throws her arms in the air. "GO UA! WOOOOOOO!!"

While she's showing off her enthusiasm, I notice that her forearms are wrapped up in some kind of loose straps. They both look like scarves, but they must be attached to her shoulders as they come out the neck of her shirt and to their perch on her arms. A mutation quirk? Not likely. I guess I need to see what those things can do first.

"Yo, you with the straps!" Another kid calls from behind me. "Shut it, will ya?"

I turn behind me to see a boy two rows back with spiky, jet black hair. His fangs look ready to take a bite out of anything. I pretty serious one, definitely.

"Aren't you excited, man?" she calls back, ignoring the boys demand.

"Just zip it! Talking about being a hero, what kind of hero can't take things seriously?"

Seeing I'm in the crossfire of their bickering, I try to yank my hood further down over my face and return my attention back to my phone.

"I-.. uh.. am I interrupting something?"

I look up to my right in surprise to see Tojuta nervously walk up to me and sit down beside me.

"Hey. No not really. Honestly, I expected you to turn tail at the last moment."

"I actually nearly did. The good thing is I haven't run into Riyaki yet."

"I guess that's good."

"Ugh. For real?" Someone groans from my left.

Recognizing the voice, I look to my left as Tojuta quiveringly takes his seat on my right. "Speak of the devil." Sicuto stands next to me, angrily glaring down at us.

"I know we're supposed to sit with our previous classmates, but it's ridiculous the only one left is with you two."

"Can't say I'm happy to sit next to you either, Riyaki, but nice to see you, too I guess." He rolls his eyes and slumps down in his seat. I notice Tojuta scoot a bit away from him out of the corner of my eye.