Chapter {12} Advantage

“Cat, it’s time to get up.” My mother’s voice sang in my ear. I groaned in response.

“Wake up.” She continued, now poking my cheek.

I swatted her hand away and turned away from her.

“It’s Sunday, let me sleep.” I mumbled. I had no idea if she understood me at all.

“We’re going to go get family breakfast at your favorite diner.” She said as she went around my bed to get to the side I was facing.

“Diner?” I said, finally opening my eyes.

“Will I get to eat my fried calamari?” I asked.

“I don’t understand how you can digest that this early in the morning, but alright.”

Happily, I swung my feet over the edge of my bed, and stretched before standing up.

“Get ready, and wake up David when you’re finished. I need to get ready too.” She told me excitedly before prancing out of my room.

I made my way to the bathroom and was showered, dressed and ready within thirty minutes.

Now it was time to wake up David. Ugh David. I still couldn’t believe he’d kissed me last night. It was just on the cheek, but still, there were some boundaries that just weren’t meant to be crossed.

It was a strange feeling, though. Even though there weren’t any romantic intentions behind it, I couldn’t help but blush when I thought of the warmth, and what it would have been like, had there been something behind it.

Maybe Ann was right. Maybe it was time I started dating again.

Obviously my lack of human contact was driving me insane to the point that I thought getting a kiss from David was something to think this deeply about.

Shaking my head of these strange thoughts, I made my way to the attic, still hesitating for a minute before going up the stairs.

David was fast asleep on the bed, snoring softly.

“David.” I called out when I reached him, appraising how deeply he slept.

When he didn’t reply, I called out his name louder.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, and immediately, I was struck by how electrically green they were.

He still looked completely dazed, but I felt as if I was seeing him this serene for the first time. Well, until they cringed in pain, and stared up at me in confusion.

“Ow, my head.” David mumbled, bringing a hand up to his forehead.

“What did you do to me while I was asleep?” He asked me, with a tinge of suspicion in his otherwise pain ridden face.

“Me? You did this to yourself.” I replied, crossing my arms.

“Huh?” He mumbled, on the verge of passing out again.

“Do you remember drinking a really sweet beverage last night?” I inquired, raising an eyebrow at his disheveled appearance.

“Yeah, so?” He asked me, opening just one eye.

“That wasn’t juice.” I stated simply.

“Oh…Good night.” David said, closing his eyes and snuggling into his bed more comfortably.

“Hey, get up!” I exclaimed, grabbing his covers, and attempting to pull them off of him. Unfortunately, my girly strength was no match for his, and I ended up being the one pulled, right into David’s bed.