Part 4

We spent the rest of the night switching between talking, watching TV, and eating. I didn't realize I hadn't checked my phone all day until David finally pulled out his own.

"Oh shit, where's my phone?"

"Must be in your purse, right? I'll get it." David shoots up before I can say anything and goes straight for my room. He comes back with my phone and charger, plugging it in before handing it to me.

"Thank you." I unlock it to see a load of messages ranging from 'you want to join us for lunch' from Carly and 'her I love you Natalie and I'm here if you need anything xx' from Corinna. Oh I certainly hope no one said anything to anyone else. Oh I hadn't even thought about the fact someone besides David knows too. I suddenly feel more embarrassed than before, literally groaning out loud.

"What? What is it?" David sits up straight and tries to look at my phone.

"I just didn't even think about the fact that everyone there last night probably knows too. That's just super embarrassing. And I know you say I shouldn't be but I am."

"Well it's not like I told anyone everything. I just said I think someone fucked with your drink and I'm taking you home."

"Okay, that's not too bad. Let's just leave it at that, okay? I want this to be over. 24 hour freak out period then just gone."

"Well I don't know if that's, like, the healthiest thing to do but obviously, I'm not telling anyone anything."

"Okay cool. Do you want to smoke?"

"What? When was the last time you smoked?"

"Not soooo long ago. That will be good for me."

"Wouldn't it be fun to smoke a joint in a pool?"

"We're not getting a pool David."

"Damnit." David laughed.

"So come smoke with me."

"Fuck it, ok."

"Oh fun!" I got right up and went to my room for the box in my desk with all my paraphernalia. I didn't smoke often, but I had a really nice jar that kept weed good a long time. I started rolling and David came up behind me.

"Wow, I wish I could roll."

"I could teach you, it's not too hard." I pulled the finished joint up for his inspection.

"But I have you!"

"Right, okay. Let's go outside."

"Seth Rogen does this thing where he 'baptizes' the joint by covering it in his spit." David laughs out, following right behind me.

"What are you talking about?" I laugh.

"I'll show you." He grabs the joint, licks his lips, and puts the whole thing in his mouth.

"David!" He slowly pulls it out so the whole thing is coated in his spit. "What the hell?"

"It will burn slower and more evenly." I considered this a moment.

"Ok yes I see how that would help." I take the joint back and light the end before bringing it to my lips and taking a hit.

We pass the joint back and forth, talking and laughing about nothing in particular. When the joint's at it's end, David flicks the roach into the yard. We stay outside talking for a long time until my eye lids start to feel heavy.